Mtech good colleges and Universities with their self entrance

Hello, I need career help. Can you please suggest me good university's or colleges for M.tech (Computer engineering or Information security)?I am having a year of experience in software industry now I want to complete higher education first. I didn't filled GATE form for current year. I need information for those good colleges/ Universities who conduct entrance for their-self.​

Replies

• Dancer_Engineer
    Dancer_Engineer
    shrikant.ravekar
    Hello, I need career help. Can you please suggest me good university's or colleges for M.tech (Computer engineering or Information security)?I am having a year of experience in software industry now I want to complete higher education first. I didn't filled GATE form for current year. I need information for those good colleges/ Universities who conduct entrance for their-self.​

Check this link:
    Inspire n Ignite (InI) : All About Education

If you don't find relevant information there, I suggest you use Google

Find out a list of Colleges / Universities offering M.Tech courses.
    Then individually check the official website of each institute, check their admission procedure.

As far as my knowledge, there are slim chances of a M.Tech without a GATE.
    You could take GATE in 2013.
  • shrikant.ravekar
    shrikant.ravekar
    Thank you so much.
  • Dancer_Engineer
    Dancer_Engineer
    shrikant.ravekar
    Thank you so much.
    You're welcome. 😀
  • shrikant.ravekar
    shrikant.ravekar
    hmmm nice words inspirational 😀. I am new on this forum but I like it very much. It is really very helpful.
  • adren022
    adren022
    Manipal university
    Amity
    Vellore institute of Technology
    BITS
    IISC-Bangalore

All of these universities do accept GATE scores but they also have their own entrances. These universities are the first that come to my mind. There must be some more. Google it.
  • shrikant.ravekar
    shrikant.ravekar
    Thanx a lot adren and dancer_engineer (sry i dont kno ua real name) but u guys realy helped me alot.. 😀
  • Dancer_Engineer
    Dancer_Engineer
    shrikant.ravekar
    Thanx a lot adren and dancer_engineer (sry i dont kno ua real name) but u guys realy helped me alot.. 😀
    Had you not found these links before?
    M.Tech Admission without GATE or Non GATE: Points that will help you - All About Education

Alternative exams for admission to M.Tech other than GATE - All About Education
  • adren022
    adren022
    shrikant.ravekar
    1 word of advice.. unless its the last option on earth don't opt for any colleges in karnataka for PG.
    There are a few good good colleges(NIE mysore, M.S.Ramaih, R.V, PES-IT) but mtech from them is just more letters next to your name. You don't have the facilities and exposure in these colleges. Unless you believe you can attain mastery over what your studying or you think these colleges are value adding, then only consider them.

Btech/Mtech from these colleges appear for same placements but Mtech are preffered someimtes and given 50000/- more salary.
  • Dancer_Engineer
    Dancer_Engineer
    @Mods, I feel this thread should be in the GATE section. 😀
  • shrikant.ravekar
    shrikant.ravekar
    Hey I am having one and half year experience in software industry. Is it valuable for me during M.tech admissions ?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    shrikant.ravekar
    Hey I am having one and half year experience in software industry. Is it valuable for me during M.tech admissions ?
    any experience would be valuable. If you're already working I'd highly recommend talking to your existing company HRs about the sabbatical and whether they'll recruit you back after you've done your M.Tech. Lot of my friends and ex-colleagues did that and are happy 😀
  • avii
    avii
    adren022
    1 word of advice.. unless its the last option on earth don't opt for any colleges in karnataka for PG.
    There are a few good good colleges(NIE mysore, M.S.Ramaih, R.V, PES-IT) but mtech from them is just more letters next to your name. You don't have the facilities and exposure in these colleges.
    :O I thought RVCE is atleast better. I was checking list of TOP colleges for MTech & RVCE was in Top 25 in India.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# You have any idea about this?
  • Debasmita Banerjee
    Debasmita Banerjee
    I can list universities that offers MS and Mtech in India without considering GATE score. However most of them are research oriented and they might not assure you a future job but an esteemed university for further studies and an awesome recommendation letter for sure.
    To be honest, Computer Science and Engineering is one of the most popular branches and definitely a branch with huge scope. So you might get better chance from others to pursue your dream career.

List of deemed universities which conduct their own examination :

1. Tata Institute of Fundamental Research(TIFR)
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    The special paper they offer in computer science is:
    Computer & Systems Sciences (including Communications and Applied Probability)
    Takes students from Jest too.

2. Indian Statistical Institute(ISI)
    #-Link-Snipped-#(All the contents are available on this link)
    For this I would say, It's like the best thing that can ever happen to be a part of ISI.

3. The institute of Mathematical Sciences(IMSC)
    Paper offered: Theoritical computer science
    It takes students through the Joint Entrance Screening Test (TCS Graduate Programme | The Institute of Mathematical Sciences)

4. Chennai Mathematical Institute(CMI)
    Offers Msc in Computer Science.
    Conducts their own Chennai Mathematical Institute.

5. Indian Institute Of Astrophysics(IIA)
    offers: Mtech In Astronomical Instrumentation( Takes Computer Science majors)
    1st year of degree will be held in Calcutta University and The second year will be held in IIA,Bangalore
    It conducts their ownIntegrated M.Tech.- Ph.D (Tech.) | Indian Institute of Astrophysics also takes students from JEST.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Adaptive Active Phased Array Radars Near Field Communication Crystaline Silicon Solar Cells Magnetic Amplifiers Micro-fabricated Bio-sensors Remotely Queried Embedded Microsensors Electrical Impedance Tomography Or EIT Spintronics The Bionic Eye Illumination...
Please do post latest seminar topics for ECE such as - EMBEDDED BASED PROJECTS ·Real time data acquisition system. ·Traffic priority for ambulance vehicle. ·Train collision avoiding system. ·Remote control...
Can any one help me in doing mini project in mech engg i'm studying in 3rd year anna university
As i typed starting from my question regarding evolution i naturally shifted to programming the mind as new ideas flowed. It will start with the world renowned argument of "God"...
Introduction to Data Communications was explained by Prof. A. Pal, Department of Computer Science Engineering, IIT Kharagpur. Feel free to ask your doubts and share your views here…