India Tower, 700m, World's Second Tallest Building: Construction & Updates

Update: As of May 2023, the construction of India Tower has been canceled. The tower was also known as the Park Hayatt Tower. Designed by the architecture firm Foster + Partners, the India Tower was expected to reach a height of around 700 meters (2,296 feet). It was intended to feature a distinctive twisting design, with a helical shape that gradually rotated as it ascended, giving it a unique architectural profile. The tower's design aimed to incorporate sustainable and energy-efficient features. However, it is essential to note that the India Tower project has faced various challenges and delays over the years, including issues related to funding and regulatory clearances. As of my knowledge cutoff, I cannot provide information on the current status of the project or whether it has been completed. I recommend referring to recent news sources or official channels for the most up-to-date information on the India Tower project.
The tower under construction at Mumbai, if completed by 2016 stands a chance to become the world's second tallest building; while the top rank is still claimed by Dubai's Burj Khalifa. The proposed height of the skyscraper is about 700 meters aka 2300 ft. The building is expected to have about 126 floors. The building is also known as the Park Hyatt Towers or Dynamix Balwas Tower (DB Tower). As of today, the project has been put on hold and is expected to get revived soon.

One of the YouTube users has posted the construction video:-

But I wonder whether this *is* the right video. Someone living nearby can confirm and if possible, please post the latest photos/videos of the construction site.

The final design of the tower, as posted on Wikipedia looks like this: -

India_Tower_Mumbai

It would be quite interesting to follow up the civil engineering & structural engineering insider view on this tower. Considering the Mumbai climate, it's going to be even more interesting to see how this building develops. I'm more curious to know why this structure will stand the strong sea winds. The elder brother, Burj Khalifa has a triangular base, which logically makes sense; considering the stability. What's your take on this?

Replies

• CIVILPRINCESS
    CIVILPRINCESS
    The image shows like it has a triangular base only. the triangular base allows it to stay stable against the wind and the wind will flow towards the sides with ease. And this being in the shore side has to be Triangular in shape.
  • CIVILPRINCESS
    CIVILPRINCESS
    But it looks so close to the shore. Then what kind of foundations are being used? Any info available on this?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

The gadget fans are eagerly waiting for the unveiling of the next iPad and the rumors have surfaced again. The latest 'discoveries' reveal that the iPad 3 will have a...
The Iran Pakistan India Gas pipeline project seems quite interesting also known as IPI or Peace Pipeline project. From what I read in Wikipedia, the pipeline was first proposed back...
Kronos 12 is a Techno Cultural Fest organized by ITM University, Gwalior. The idea of Kronos would be to present challenges which would be only encountered by wilderness of intelligence....
Mirror Mirror on the.... Barn! Danish architects MLRP have completed Mirror House, an original looking playground pavilion in Copenhagen, Denmark. Charred timber and polished steel were the materials chosen for...
Reverb 12 is a Techno Cultrual Extravaganza organized by Symbiosis Institute of Technology. At Reverb, with all the frenzied action happening, there is never a dull moment. Irrespective of whether...