About Earhtbag Construction

Heard of earthbag construction???
Earthbag is now widely use for construction of different structures such as home, school buildings etc. The primary material for earthbag construction is the soil which is naturally present in the environment. The soil (or sand) is filled into bags( made of propylene ) and laid into trenches to form foundation.
Philippines is now starting to adapt this type of construction. Some schools and clinics in the province are built using this. Aside from it's being environmental friendly it is easy to build and can resist the forces of nature. Philippines which is prone to typhoons and earthquakes really suits this kind of construction.
Here are some photos of earthbag buildings:
[​IMG]
[​IMG]
For more info visit: Earthbag Construction

Replies

• maria flor
    maria flor
    Earhtbag

As civil engineers in the future, let's build structures which are environmental friendly...
    Earthbag Construction

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Whenever I bring up the topic of entrepreneurship, I get a poor response. I'm not talking about those who belong to business families and have the 'business in their blood',...
My brother is a graduate of accountancy. I am not close to him so I never tried to ask him regarding about his course. How important is accounting to success...
Hey Guys Vishal Here Doin Civil Engineering From Chandigarh 😀
Sorry if this was posted already, been quite out of touch with CE. A friend shared this with me. Funny song! [youtube]WiJczH3cr48[/youtube] Lyrics: I wanna be an engineer so freakin'...
IBM launches another platform for all Engineering and M.C.A students to showcase their talent in QUIZ. It is happening in two cities. Chennai-27th jan 2011. Bangalore-28th jan 2011. Hurry up...