2013: Our wishlist for the new year (Part One!)

New Year Wishes

Happy new year to all of you CEians from all of us here at Absolute Zero (which means, only me. Ah well).

PS: What's on your wishlist? Put 'em up here and make the life of a lazy cartoonist easier ๐Ÿ˜‰

Replies

• lal
    lal
    Is that you Chuck, the person with Perry's handbook ๐Ÿ˜
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Second comic shows that sent via or sent from irritates most. ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜›
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    I have been carrying Perry's Handbook around since 1960 and am still 55.5 kgs.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    1. Getting out of CE addiction. (not blooming likely)
    2. Go on a long (at least fortnight) holiday. (equally unlikely)
    3. Learn Esperanto. (already started)
    4. Learn Sanskrit (trying, but progress slow)
    5. Develop a wearable heart pump. (that needs at least 7 years, by which time I may use it on myself)
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    1. No computer after 23 00 hrs(posting after 11 00 pm)
    2. No mobile frenzy( couldn't stop forwarding that message)
    3. take your head out of college politics (Trapped in it like never before )
    4. Nice start to a new year
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    bioramani
    Learn Sanskrit (trying, but progress slow)
    Post me if you need some help! I think I can ๐Ÿ˜€

and my wishlist, not working on what I dont love and work on something I love.

and I am sure I will be able to do this.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Sanskrit - I want to learn that language! ๐Ÿ˜’ No one get out of CE addiction please โ˜•
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    how heavy is this perry's handbook anyway ?

because we mechanical guys use design data books as well
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    Here is something to be learnt : mom's "antique" phone still rules, and is better than the tabs and touchscreens.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    zaveri
    how heavy is this perry's handbook anyway ?
    because we mechanical guys use design data books as well
    Mine is a third edition leather bound (1960). I weighed it on my digital scale. It weighs in at 2.4 kg +/- 50 gms.
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    bioramani
    Mine is a third edition leather bound (1960). I weighed it on my digital scale. It weighs in at 2.4 kg +/- 50 gms.
    Whoa ! that is the weight of one smallest single dumbbell !
  • Deepak Gopalakrishnan
    Deepak Gopalakrishnan
    bioramani
    Third edition?! Machan that is vintage level stuff!
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    chuckofalltrades
    Third edition?! Machan that is vintage level stuff!
    At 73 I am at vintage level myself. We Chemical Engineering staff at IIT M got the book at half price. I still use it every day.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Thanks to @#-Link-Snipped-# Remembering this after 12 months! :-D
    Really, how close are we?
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    So now we are nearing to the end of 2013 and we are awaiting to see the blasting 2014.Post whether you had reached your wishlist......
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    This particular thread has become antique.
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    Very good comics @#-Link-Snipped-#

A.V.Ramani
    I have been carrying Perry's Handbook around since 1960 and am still 55.5 kgs.
    Then you must be a superb body builder. Two arms 10+10 kg and 35.5 kg weight.
    Remember Sunny Deol saying I have 2.5 kg hands?๐Ÿ˜‰
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    SarathKumar Chandrasekaran
    So now we are nearing to the end of 2013 and we are awaiting to see the blasting 2014.Post whether you had reached your wishlist......
    Failed.

2. Go on a long (at least fortnight) holiday. (equally unlikely)
    Managed a five fortnight holiday and had a great time. Had to work two hours a day online.

3. Learn Esperanto. (already started)
    4. Learn Sanskrit (trying, but progress slow)
    3 & 4 going along.

5. Develop a wearable heart pump. (that needs at least 7 years, by which time I may use it on myself)
    Did one animal test of the external version in mid December successfully. Hope to shave off two years from development time.

Became wiser and took an end of the year resolution to avoid new year resolutions.
    Succeeded in that.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    A.V.Ramani
    Failed.
    ..ouch! Why saar? Why do you want to get out of CE addiction? We're working our butts off to make CE more addictive and more useful.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Kaustubh Katdare
    ..ouch! Why saar? Why do you want to get out of CE addiction? We're working our butts off to make CE more addictive and more useful.
    While this wish list post was current, there was another discussion on alcohol and other addictions. I had posted on my own struggle with nicotine in the sixties. It was in that context that I put up the above.

CE is more like food than a dalliance so there is no chance of addiction like to FB for example.
  • micheal john
    micheal john
    "Sent from my iPhone running IOS7(development release) through a Vodafone 8G connection with trailblazing fast speeds" ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ˜

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

can we connect a wireless mouse or a keyboard to a andriod phove using otg cable? if yes how will the mouse work?
Are you the ultimate hacker? Can you hack absolutely any wireless network? Then Technovanza 2013 brings you the opportunity to hack this wireless during the three days of the fest...
can an one tell me that how to create exe file for C-program?
I am on the verge completing 'Aeronautical Engg' in India. I too wanna take part in discussions.
Hi, all Why ceramic capacitor and electrolytic capacitors are used in simple FM transmitter? i mean what is the purpose?