Zurker launched officially !

I might be late in posting this,
but today I got mail from zurker that it has been Live in India.
So, I made account just to check this new social networking website.
Do you think, it can beat facebook ?

I don't know how this crap works though.
There is something called "zurks" copied from tweeter known as "tweets". Sadly, profile picture doesn't supports .png file .. weird 😨

Here's some screenshots.

Try #-Link-Snipped-# & teach me how to use social networking websites 😉

by the way zurker is developed by Winklevosses brothers ??

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    The UI looks lame. What new features are they brining in for giving a fight to the biggies in town?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# : You're the creator of the site, right?
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    The_Big_K
    #-Link-Snipped-# : You're the creator of the site, right?
    Is that sarcasm ?? 👀
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Troll_So_Hard
    Is that sarcasm ?? 👀
    If not, what's the big deal about the site? I've totally given up on sarcasm.
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    The_Big_K
    If not, what's the big deal about the site? I've totally given up on sarcasm.
    Back then, I got news that Winklevoss's twins were creating social networking website which will uproot facebook (I doubted latter part though). So I tried registering it & wanna have taste of it, but as it was in test mode, so while registering, it said they will notify me when it will go live.
    Today, I got mail ...& so I trolled it for a while ... I thought it would be nice if I share with CE community, so posted it here.

Just wondering, did i offended anyone anyhow by posting ? 😨
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Don't get me wrong. There's nothing wrong in posting. If Winklevoss' were to launch a website; they'd do a much better job; because they've got millions in their pockets. Plus, I don't think that's actually their creation. It makes no sense to launch a Facebook rival. Social Networking, I think is already overdone. From the screenshot, the work is definitely not of an experienced UI designer. The website looks so 2001ish to me.

That said, there is no harm in trying out another social network. Facebook succeeded because they were 'exclusive' and got the University folks hooked on earlier. It was the early adopter community that made Facebook work and steal away all the visitors from Hi5 and Orkut.

I think the website needs a LOT more work for it to attract the attention of the 'early adopters'. But that's just my opinion, I could be totally wrong.
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    I totally agree with you.
    I bet a graduate Engineer can develop better looking website than this zurker.

Anyways, I am not into this social networking crap .. so Zurker, Facebook or orkut .. all sounds same to me ^_^
  • Ashish Bardhan
    Ashish Bardhan
    AbraKaDabra
    The UI looks lame. What new features are they brining in for giving a fight to the biggies in town?
    Ditto !! XD

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hey friends....I suppose many of u might have started racking ur brains for your final year project to take shape by the semester end.... However for those of who haven't...
i tried to hide folder using cmd and i used this command attrib +s +h folder_name but its not workin
I have several questions to ask that have intrigued me a lot..! -What's the best explanation for the phenomena Déjà vu(why and how does it occur?) -Why do our dreams...
I know a few people who do not like their name. I've wondered what makes people do not like their own names? Are you one of them? If yes, tell...
Heard about the holographic universe?? It's a hypothetical thoery on meta-physics created by the physicists David bohm and karl pribram. Take a look at this if you do not know...!...