Zune HD is official, heading your way this Fall

[​IMG]
That's right folks, the #-Link-Snipped-# is real, and it's coming this Fall. Microsoft officially announced the next iteration in their Zune line today, making it less of a tripped out pipe dream, and more of a totally tubular reality. The specs, which look exactly like #-Link-Snipped-#, go like this: 3.3-inch, 480 x 272 OLED capacitive touchscreen display, built-in HD Radio receiver, HD output (utilizing a new dock -- not on-board), and... not much more right now. Microsoft is doing away with the famed squircle in favor a full multitouch device, and they seemed to indicate that some new touch-friendly apps and games would be headed our way, though they were fairly mum when it came to details. The device will boast an IE-based, customized browser, but little else was said in the way of software.

Details are also scarce concerning storage capacities, CPU performance, and other crucial numbers, but it seems like they've got more in store come E3... and that's the next big piece of news. Zune integration is coming to the Xbox and Xbox Live, as the Zune marketplace will step in to replace the current Live video resources, expanding the library and offering all kinds of new perks, like Zune's first foray into international waters. According to the company, at E3 "attendees will see first-hand how Zune integrates into Xbox LIVE creating a game-changing entertainment experience" -- we're not entirely sure what the means right now, but it sounds sweet. Try to contain your excitement.Filed under: #-Link-Snipped-#, #-Link-Snipped-#

#-Link-Snipped-# originally appeared on Engadget | Technology News & Reviews on Tue, 26 May 2009 20:03:00 EST. Please see our #-Link-Snipped-#.

#-Link-Snipped-# | #-Link-Snipped-# | #-Link-Snipped-#

#-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• durga ch
    durga ch
    Zune faded off in early days of its release as market was too obsessed with ipods.
    Will this atleast hit the racks ?
    I guess as they have put in interent as well, a nice TV tuner would do 😁

its all HD right?? 😉

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I am study degree now and there will be a project i have to do... But i have no idea what i can do, can anyone give me some opinion?...
Official Website: Bluetooth.com | Bluetooth Innovation World Cup With the Bluetooth Innovation World Cup the Bluetooth SIG is looking for new applications and products using the Bluetooth low energy technology...
I need mini projects in mechanical engineering. The idea should be innovative and useful and easy to do for an average 3rd year engineering student.
Hi, My project is going to shift from normal to ODC environment. For that I need to write Test cases for Network Performance without any testing tool. 😔 Could you...
Hi guys , What are mutation strings? How are they used in programming? Can we use the same in C language. Can some give a clear idea about these mutation...