zm-i introduces himself

*Engineering Trade: Mechanical Engineering ๐Ÿ˜Ž

*Hobbies & Interests: Sports (especially basketball), Contraptions, and Vehicles (especially motorcycles). ๐Ÿ‘
*Aim in life: To be able to apply my knowledge, as in helping myself and others.

*I joined CrazyEngineers because: I am looking for an engineering community where I can learn. I am craving for knowledge. ๐Ÿ˜

Replies

• Kedar Malwadkar
    Kedar Malwadkar
    nice intro dude
    Welcome to CE! Be an active member!
    this site is really cool.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Welcome to CE, friend ๐Ÿ˜€ We're happy to have you with us. Be active here and get the most out of this community.
  • zm-i
    zm-i
    Thank you for the warm welcome Kedar Malwadkar and The_Big_K. ๐Ÿ˜€

This is the first time I join a community (forums online). Is there any particular do and don'ts?
  • Kedar Malwadkar
    Kedar Malwadkar
    zm-i

This is the first time I join a community (forums online). Is there any particular do and don'ts?
    I think Big k can give you a link for that!
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    zm-i

No, we don't go by the rules. But following may help -

1. Do not engage in any illegal activity: sharing of crack codes, ebooks that aren't supposed to be free and so on.
    2. Respect every member.
    3. Avoid SMS language (this one is tough for many, but helps us keep things nice)
    4. Have fun ๐Ÿ˜
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Welcome to CE.
  • zm-i
    zm-i
    Thank you godfather.
  • zm-i
    zm-i
    I think I can set those boundaries The_Big_K.
    Can I just start a topic in the discussion? I mean if I have anything to share or ask, should I check other threads before creating new ones or may I create new threads?

I'm afraid that some members might find it annoying to see questions that have been answered or stuff that has been shared.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-#: Unfortunately, a lot of members don't even know how to use the forum systems and we've a legacy system (yet in the modern form) of forums that's been popular for over a decade now.

Coming back to the point: Yes, you can just start a discussion, but provide a very appropriate title to it. Titles are 'very' important. A lot of mod's time is spent in fixing the bad titles (viz. hiiii, help!!, project, motor etc.) to something that makes more sense and gives a better idea of the discussion.

We always welcome new threads as it gives more opportunity to others to share things. But if a topic is already discussed in depth; members tend to provide link to it, which is justified. But that shouldn't stop anyone from creating new discussions ๐Ÿ˜€
  • zm-i
    zm-i
    #-Link-Snipped-#: May be the best way for me is to learn by doing. Though I know that there is always be a room for mistakes, I will take my chances to really understand how this forum works and what are the protocols. ๐Ÿ˜

Thank you for the explanation.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    No negative marks for mistakes here. We tend to be are cool people, you see.
  • zm-i
    zm-i
    ๐Ÿ˜
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Welcome to CE, #-Link-Snipped-# Good to have you here. Be an active member of the community.
  • zm-i
    zm-i
    Thank you #-Link-Snipped-#. I am trying to be as active as possible. ๐Ÿ˜€

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi. I am a new CrazyEngineer. I am about to start my first year in university. I wonder what software I need to get used to. I am pretty sure...
Firefox developers are on a roll. Its not even a week when Firefox 14 came out of the sandbox and into the world; the upgraded version with some major memory...
Hello friends, I have completed Diploma engineering in EC ... & I have no urge for Degree anymore. I have heard a lot about courses that helps to master in...
hi, i'm nandini.suri .i'm persuing my 3rd btech in dhanekula institute of engg. and technology in branch civil at vijayawada.