Zidane gotta Golden ball.. Is this the sign of politics in FIFA...

Why Zidane accolade with Golden Ball..... That was a sign of politics in FIFA???
He got 1 red card and booked two time with yelow....so he missed 2 matches... (dont miss that only 6 matches were there in world cup in all for a team who reached in final..)

So our Great Ziju missed....2 still gotta great honour....
Why??
Any comments ??? shout janta...

:sshhh:

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Hmm. What is the criteria for deciding the winner of Golden Ball? I think they do consider lot of parameters before finalizing the name.

-The Big K-
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    The_Big_K
    Hmm. What is the criteria for deciding the winner of Golden Ball? I think they do consider lot of parameters before finalizing the name.

-The Big K-
    Don't know about crieteria....Exactly....

But must be fair play should be a one...
    You cannot declare one player great as he played Awesome against Brazil....

What say for Cannovare... Because of this wall... No team succeed to Force a field goal against Itely in world cup'06

He didn't get the great honour becuase he was not having a great name.....ZIZU...or something else??

Your comments are welcomed
  • AlameluKrishnan
    AlameluKrishnan
    Criteria for Golden Ball - FIFA

The award, sponsored by Gillette, goes to "the player born on or after Jan. 1, 1985, who makes the biggest impression at the FIFA World Cup ... criteria for the award include style, charisma, fair play and appetite for the game, as well as pure technical skill." This definitely rules out Zidane in all respects. Comments are welcome
  • integratdbrains
    integratdbrains
    Well FIFA has decided to take away the accolade!

Its sad that FIFA has finally decided to take away the accolade from Zidane but guys do belive he has left a wonderful career profile behind him.It was probably sad that he decided to end his golden career on a red card but its really very difficult what exactly must have happened to him on the field! Whatever be the reason one cannot say that he did not deserve it cause Zidane exhibited excellent football throughout his career!
  • turbo227x
    turbo227x
    Zidane was a great player. Here are the reasons he got the golden ball: since the golden ball is based on votes, people who cast there vote early could not change it once the headbutt occured and because he was retiring he more than likely got the sympathy votes. I would have much rather seen it go to Connavaro.

Look at it this way the French were being carried by this concept of going out with "bang" for Zidane and the two other retirees. As opposed to the Italians who had to put up with critasism of the Italian soccer scandal. Connavaro is not the best ball handler, but he knows how to read the field and opponent. Also, if I recall correctly, it is rare for a defender to get to be captain of a team.

I was livid when Zidan got the golden ball and still am mad about it.๐Ÿ˜ก
  • integratdbrains
    integratdbrains
    hmmm...

turbo227x
    Zidane was a great player. Here are the reasons he got the golden ball: since the golden ball is based on votes, people who cast there vote early could not change it once the headbutt occured and because he was retiring he more than likely got the sympathy votes. I would have much rather seen it go to Connavaro.
    Zidane polled 2012 points in the vote by journalists covering the tournament, beating Italians Fabio Cannavaro (1977 points) close cuz Zidane had announced his retirement a month ago and the polling closed at the half time of the match! but indeed zidane can be called a one man team! 9 goals of the teamand 3 to the credit of zidane!now that is quite impressive,isn't it?
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    integratdbrains
    Zidane polled 2012 points in the vote by journalists covering the tournament, beating Italians Fabio Cannavaro (1977 points) close cuz Zidane had announced his retirement a month ago and the polling closed at the half time of the match! but indeed zidane can be called a one man team! 9 goals of the teamand 3 to the credit of zidane!now that is quite impressive,isn't it?
    No It is not really impressive....

You can ask with a person who play football or have a experience of football ... field experience....

He played rough play that's why he was booked two times... in round robin...
    After that he got the Red...

Now if i will see the game spirit ... and even i will leave his red card still he gotta 3 yellow's in the tournament.....
    Ruled OUT for 2 matches... and still FIFA insisted that he performed superb in tournament..... He is a great player... It seems that he is a magician with the ball.. but still one can not be accoladed on the basis of sympathy or the Past.....

Cannavaro.... played beautifully..... his game was neat and clean .... you cann't expect much cleaner than his game from a defender..... ..

--crazy
  • integratdbrains
    integratdbrains
    m not getting what u r trying to say! ๐Ÿ˜”

It seems u r contradicting ur own sentences! He is a great player,magician with the ball and the very next sentence (rather a continuation of the discontinued sentence!)you r just saying that he should not be given the accolade out of sympathy!Buddy if he is magician he is a great player then y do u think he will need any sympathy!๐Ÿ˜€ and about the cards he who does not commit a mistake doesn't learn! ๐Ÿ˜€ and thats very much a part of the game.
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    integratdbrains
    It seems u r contradicting ur own sentences! He is a great player,magician with the ball and the very next sentence (rather a continuation of the discontinued sentence!)you r just saying that he should not be given the accolade out of sympathy!Buddy if he is magician he is a great player then y do u think he will need any sympathy!๐Ÿ˜€ and about the cards he who does not commit a mistake doesn't learn! ๐Ÿ˜€ and thats very much a part of the game.

Mam for your kind information ... Mardona was magician ... but his one act (hand of GOD) made all his credit a little low...

In one of the interview of Harsha after this Zidane-Marco issue he said:
    "Hundred good things by a normal player will make his popularity .. but one mistake of magician will destroy all his creadability" (Not exact words but meaning is same...๐Ÿ˜)

I mean in my sentences that he is great but if he did mistake in that tournament he should not be accolade...
    I hope you gotta my point.

--crazy
  • integratdbrains
    integratdbrains
    oh!!

In one of the interview of Harsha after this Zidane-Marco issue he
    --crazy[/quote]
    U talking about the post match discussions over the issue where none knew the exact reason y he did it? and everyone was just blaming zidane.. including me. well i did not like his idea of putting a tragic end to his wonderful career like this so what if materazzi abused his mother and sis.. or any one.. afterall it was his career of a midfielder with 31 goals was on the bid! In the 2006 tournament of course in six matches played, he made 280 short passes, 48 long passes and had nine shots, four of which were on target this just cannot be impressive for some!.And as far as Maradona is concerned National team games 91 scored Goals 34 now that ain't an impressive career either.. I think with great players not worthy of the accolades 'given to them by the majority population of the world FIFA' should stop giving these accolades for the sake of the GOOD OF THE GAME ! ๐Ÿ˜
  • sttepz
    sttepz
    my fullllllll support 4 integrated brains.... zidane is GOD n wil always b!!!!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hi ppl... i guess by now most of u must have had the pleasure of watching KRRISH ๐Ÿ˜‰ as for me... it was good... nice direction and splendid performance by...
In an interview, the interviewer asks, "Which is your favorite engineering subject? Why?". How can we answer this if we don't have any specific subject as our favorite?
Hi All, Here is one question from my side in the line of puzzels in C. Find* whether a given 1/2/3/4/5 digit number is divisible by 3 or not. *Conditions:...
Hello people Can anyone suggest me some projects in JAVA?? I am learning JAVA core...and it would be preferrable if projects are related to media?
I have often seen people doing Ping with IP(internet Protocol) address in continuation when the server is down...Can anyone write down what does it mean and why is it used??