ZenGrab LaneWatch Super Camera Stops Traffic Violations By Catching 50 Times More Drivers

ZenGrab LaneWatch is a digital wireless traffic enforcement camera - also being called the super robocam - that provides unattended CCTV based video evidence of Bus Lane, Bus Gate and No Entry traffic contraventions. Designed to bring forth efficient means of traffic enforcement, this super camera is capable of tracking even the minor-most of traffic violations. Soon to be introduced in the UK, the ZenGrab LaneWatch is being reported to catch up to 50 times as many drivers as conventional speed cameras. That's like ten times more safety on the roads. These digital cameras wil be attached to the lampposts and monitor the movement of motorists who stop in yellow boxes and make illegal U-turns.

The camera head consists of two CCTV modules, one for a close up view of a vehicle number plate and one for a wide angle view of the context of any possible offence. The Camera Head has its own Infra-red illumination to aid identification in all weather conditions and has an operating range of up to 50 meters. A system called ANPR or Automatic Number Plate Recognition is used to trigger the Evidence Processor and to identify vehicles using a Bus Lane, Bus Gate or One Way Street. Used in combination with the optional ZenGrab Vehicle ID module the LaneWatch can automatically identify the contravening vehicles make, model, colour, number of seats, weight, CO2 rating etc.

ZenGrab-LaneWatch

The footage is transmitted by 3G to the council to decide whether to issue penalty or not. Developed by Zenco Systems, who happen to be the leading providers of digital traffic and parking contravention enforcement solutions in the UK, this camera system has already been used during the London Olympics to enforce the Games Lanes reserved for athletes and officials. Not just that, the LaneWatch camera comes as standard with a 3G cellular wireless evidence transmission system. However, it is also available with Mesh, Wi-Fi, ADSL and Fibre transmission interfaces.

Speaking of enforcements and traffic violations, we would like to know the opinion of fellow engineers - what do you think is the best practice for avoiding traffic and accidents? Share your technological solutions with us in comments section below.

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Here's a scoopful of some interesting data shared by the company -
    While it was testing their cameras on the two roads in central London, they spotted a staggering 1,076 contraventions over four weeks.

On the other hand, current CCTV, on which index plates can be blurred, only caught 271 minor offences in a year.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Tesco, the British multinational, the company we best know for having built the world's first virtual store where commuters buy groceries via their mobile phones in South Korea, has come...
Today I crossed my first 10,000 posts on CE. 😀 I miss the old name @AbraKaDabra All our usernames were so much fun to use. I still call Sahithi as...
Yes, you read the title correct. Recently Samsung lost the lawsuit against Apple, and court ordered Samsung to pay $1.05 billion to Apple. However there was no mention of mode...
How to add two current sources to get output as the sum of both.for eg. If i have two current sources 4amp & 6amp then how can i connect to...
The latest Samsung Galaxy Note 3 and the iPhone 5S might be too pricey for the average Indian but if you wanted a smartphone experience at a dirt-cheap price Karbonn...