YouTube Multi Angle Feature To Make Way For Personalized Viewing Experience

It was only in January that YouTube was said to be working on supporting the upload of 360 degree videos. Well now, in a rather interesting update for both YouTube channel owners and the viewers, YouTube has rolled out the multi angle feature that let YouTube viewers see a video from many different camera angles in real time i.e. as the video is playing. Though it's just an experimental feature, if the testing process is a success and clicks with the audience, YouTube might make it a permanent feature. Right now, the YouTube multi angle feature has been attempted on popular indie singer Madilyn Bailey's YouTube Channel, famous for her song cover videos. Her recent performance at the YouTube Music Night was captured by the YouTube team so as to convert it into a multi angle video.

Those wanting to try this out for themselves can head over to Madilyn's youtube channel Madilyn Bailey - YouTube and check out the choose your view tab. Here, the video shows up with a list of thumbnails along the right hand side, where the users can choose which camera angle they want to see the video from. The thumbnails disappear once the video starts playing. Users can choose to jump from one video cam to another by clicking on the thumbnails or by using keyboard shortcuts.

youtube-multi-angle-video-feature-testing-begins

If you are a YouTube channel owner, you might be wondering about the tedious task of creating such multi camera angle videos. However, Youtube has automated the process, but is not ready to roll out a scaled version of it to be used by the masses as of now. In their bid to offer a more interactive and immersive experience for its users, YouTube has started testing the multi angle feature and is inviting the users residing in U.S. tor try it out. If you are one of them and want to test this out on your channel, you can sign up for it through a form #-Link-Snipped-#.

What are your thoughts on this interesting feature addition to YouTube? Share with us in comments below.

Source: YouTube is testing a way to view videos from multiple angles - The Verge

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

The Indian mobile manufacturer, Intex seems to be on a launching spree. The company has launched yet another entry-level smartphone- Intex Aqua 5X. Earlier this week, the company announced Intex...
The speed with which automation is entering the field of science is phenomenal. Robotic scientists of today are capable of conducting experiments, study their observations, interpret & analyze the results...
Recent global awareness and talks on climate and environment about measures to be taken to thwart the impending catastrophe owing to global warming and carbon pollution makes one ponder what...
I am working as a whitebox tester in Adobe. No doubt that they offer good salary but as i was working with TCS prior to this and was into development...
Folks,to begin with I am not an engineer. I love to discuss and debate and found the discussions here really interesting and insightful hence decided to join in. I love...