Your feedback on CrazyEngineers IO launch, please?

I'm curious to know what do our CEans think about our approach towards launching CrazyEngineers IO. Did we do it right? Would it have been better? Of course, but we want to know your perspective.

Tagging #-Link-Snipped-# , #-Link-Snipped-# , #-Link-Snipped-# , #-Link-Snipped-# , #-Link-Snipped-# , #-Link-Snipped-# , #-Link-Snipped-# . Will tag others as discussion progresses.

Replies

• Shashank Moghe
    Shashank Moghe
    I am sorry, have not been as active these days as I have been. The CrazyEngineers.io is awesome in look, feel and what it does. But I am thoroughly confused, is it going to replace this forum? If it is not, should we not have a link to this "new website" as a part of this account itself? The creation of a new website and a new account confused me. Again, may be you guys explained the purpose before, I just did not get the chance to read it yet.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Thank you for the good words. Allow me to answer your questions one by one: -
    Shashank Moghe
    But I am thoroughly confused, is it going to replace this forum?
    CrazyEngineers IO is simply an experiment to test viability of our long term vision for CrazyEngineers. For the last ~4 years, we tried to launch the apps using the platform (called XenForo) that powers this website. Unfortunately, that turned out to be tad more difficult in terms of finding talent and getting work done.

Since we did not want to disturb the existing setup of forum, we decided to launch it separately.

If CE-IO becomes successful; and we'll know it soon; we'd bring it all to this domain. That means, forums will become an 'app' in the new ecosystem that we are building. If CE-IO doesn't become an economically viable system; we'd keep funding it through the revenues generated from CrazyEngineers.com.

Shashank Moghe
    If it is not, should we not have a link to this "new website" as a part of this account itself?
    Only because we were grossly unsure whether the new platform will perform. We're still in the very early stages of CE-IO and are not sure how the system will perform, how it will scale, how we can make it economically viable and so on. Things will be clearer as more engineers start using CE-IO. We've decided to be very transparent about it.

Shashank Moghe
    The creation of a new website and a new account confused me.
    We had to create a new website and domain because trying to code things over CrazyEngineers the platform was tad difficult (it's a pretty complex system and developers kept quitting). It's an interesting story that I will share in detail; maybe via a video.

I must say that once we are confident of the performance of CE-IO; we'll enable account merging. So users will be able to access CE-IO with their existing username and password. πŸ˜€
  • Shashank Moghe
    Shashank Moghe
    Awesome. Thank you for the detail response. Now I know. Please do not construe my earlier response negatively - I am full of admiration for the hard work and insight that went into raising CE.io. I like the UI and functionality a lot, just needed some clarifications (that you already provided). Kudos to the team and to the vision you guys have there. I am certain it will be integrated into CE as a full time feature.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Of course not. You didn't say anything negative. In fact, we struggled with those questions ourselves several times. It was only in December 2015 that we decided to launch a new domain for the apps. You can see some of our early efforts on a dormant page : https://www.crazyengineers.com/pages/apps/.

We wish to evolve CE as a platform for engineers around the world that helps them with everything. I know 'everything' is a big word. Someone said, will you launch 'Matrimonial app for engineers', and our obvious answer was - why not? πŸ˜‰
  • Shashank Moghe
    Shashank Moghe
    Cool idea 😁
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Waiting to hear from everyone.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    So am I waiting - to hear from CE IO.
    Told myself,'Why not' and registered minutes back. Shall revert after looking around after activation (if eligible)
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    A.V.Ramani
    So am I waiting - to hear from CE IO.
    Told myself,'Why not' and registered minutes back. Shall revert after looking around after activation (if eligible)
    It's an honor to have you on CE-IO sir. Activation should happen soon. Few server side glitches kept us from activating accounts this morning.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Sorry for late response.
    According to me Launch has gone perfect based on response and registration we have received. It has generated enough curiosity about the ecosystem we are going to introduce.
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    I thought one can develop some app and host it on IO platform? is it possible?
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Haven't Heard from CE IO so far about activation of my request.
    Possible that From me no 'I' reached CE for it to send any 'O'?
    Nothing in Spam folder also.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# sir, we're activating about 30 - 50 accounts on daily basis. We did activate about 100-120 accounts daily for a few days. We received great feedback from those who got access and have been continuously working on fixes + improvements and decided to slow down the rollout.

You'll receive account activation notice soon. We just want to ensure that every new batch that we activate has a better overall experience on CE-IO. πŸ˜€
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Kaustubh Katdare
    You'll receive account activation notice soon. We just want to ensure that every new batch that we activate has a better overall experience on CE-IO. πŸ˜€
    No problem at all. I'm sure it is well worth the wait.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Happy to inform that we've achieved 1000 activations πŸ˜€ . #-Link-Snipped-# - your account is active. Please check your email for account activation mail.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Happy to inform that we've achieved 1000 activations πŸ˜€ . #-Link-Snipped-# - your account is active. Please check your email for account activation mail.
    That's great KK. Shall revert.
    Tried. Put in a password, which was accepted. Tried logging in. Denied access. There was a statement that accounts are being activated.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    It works. Quite easy to navigate also. Fast.
    However, not sure how a person can contribute inputs.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Thank you, sir. Didn't get this -
    A.V.Ramani
    However, not sure how a person can contribute inputs.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Thank you, sir. Didn't get this -
    Who answers queries? How does one see what others have posted?
    Probably I am not handling the navigation properly.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    A.V.Ramani
    Who answers queries? How does one see what others have posted?
    Probably I am not handling the navigation properly.
    For career help, the queries are being handled by the team. So far, we've received queries we can handle ourselves (mostly related to job change, right course to pick up, starting a business etc.)

We're making notes about the kind of questions we're getting, what kind of expertise we'll need to address them quickly and efficiently and then build a team of topic experts to answer them. This is going to be a paid service; so we need to collect as much data as possible so that we can be super effective in replying.

Once the initial information collection is done; we'll begin adding expert team members to handle questions. We'll keep the information private and hence, it won't be visible to any other member outside of CrazyEngineers trusted team.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    That is how it should be.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    We've been careful about calling CE-IO the 'ecosystem'; and we want to keep our job to managing the platform. The service providers and users will all be our own members of the community. We're still in the very early stages and are continuously working on improving the system based upon feedback.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

With the boon of advancements in technological world comes also the bane of disposal of overwhelming amount of e-waste. In a novel solution to tackle the problem comes the research...
While other smartphones have a generic name followed by a number, the new Vivo Y21L has the oddest name in current scenario. The new smartphone boasts of some modest specs...
Hi Team, I have completed my BE (2012) and M.Tech in Electronics (2015). I'm thinking to do C-DAC.. I am confusing in DAC and WiMC. For which course should I...
Thanks to Reliance Jio that BSNL is now offering unlimited 3G data plan without FUP for only Rs. 1099 per month. BSNL Chairman informed that BSNL network has been improved...
Yesterday we talked about the mid-range Vivo Y21L and today we are talking about a cheaper smartphone with Android Marshmallow. Lava Mobiles’ subsidiary Karbonn has launched the new K9 Viraat...