Yes !! I do not need a calculator :)

I did not know that multiplying with 11 was this easy !
I came across a trick to multiply numbers with 11 and come up with your answer before the calculator .

For example : 32 * 11 [For numbers which add up to less than equal to 9]
Just add the two digits : 3+2=5 and place it in between the original number 32 and tada 352 is your answer 😀

99*11[Numbers which add up to a number greater than 9]
Add: 9+9=18
You again need to put this 18 in the middle of the original number but You have to add the 10s place number(obtained after addition) to the 1st digit of the original number .
(9+1)89 i.e 1089 is your answer

77*11

Answer : 847
Explanation : 7+7 = 14
Putting it in the middle : 7147
But you have to add 1 to 7 for the answer : (7+1)47 = 847

Start with this 2 digit number multiplication with 11 and display the MATHEMAGICIAN in you to your friends ! Enjoy 😀

Replies

• Bionic
    Bionic
    56*11=(5+1)16=616..
  • Bionic
    Bionic
    67*11=(6+1)37=737...
  • Bionic
    Bionic
    34*11=(3(3+4)4)=374
  • smorgasbord
    smorgasbord
    you could do a lot more than that with Vedic maths
  • Karthikeyan jaisankar
    Karthikeyan jaisankar
    47*11= (4+7)
    =4117
    =(4+1)17
    =517 i got it"!!! 😀
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    The Trachtenberg Speed System of Basic Mathematics book was available in the IIT Madras library in 1962. Later I bought it and went through all of it. I still use the techniques when applicable.

Multiplication by 11 (any number of digits) is done by a process called add the neighbour. What is shown above is a special case of this.

The book is now available for free download.

#-Link-Snipped-#

Also from here:

Download: Trachtenberg Speed Math

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Is c programming the best computer programming language! Yes or No?
Twitter well might be looking to do a facebook with respect to its design. Mashable reports that the micro-blogging site is considering a new design for the user profile pages....
After quite disappointing sales of the flagship devices from HTC it seems that, the Taiwanese giant is now concentrating on its mid-range and higher mid-ranger devices. Their new mid-ranger device...
Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) attack is just a run-of-the-mill news these days but imagine a DDoS attack clocking in at the rate of 400Gbps! That's sure got to make...
After working on the field for almost 3-4 years in civil engineering, many students want to change their streams to the management side. But then again, there are very few...