Yahoo News Digest App Brings Important Bits Of News In The Form of Atoms

Yahoo has now globally unveiled its news aggregator platform app called the "Yahoo News Digest" for its Android users with an International edition. Back in January, the iOS app was launched with an aim to bring the top news to the readers in the least possible time. Yahoo received a great response and found that about 40% of those who downloaded the app, would come back and visit it daily. Carrying forward its previous motto - "Get in the know in no time.", Yahoo News Digest app is here to deliver news in the form of digests that arrive twice everyday. Precisely, at 8am and 6pm local time.

The main motive of the app is get summarized version of all the top stories, so that you know what, how, why and where of the happening stories from all over the world in very less time. Yahoo has come up with a concept called "Atoms". Every news story that will appear on the screen of the News Digest app will be created from multiple sources so that is contains the essential bits and pieces of information, known as “Atoms”. Every news Atom will have images, maps, videos, key quotes, wikipedia information, stock tickers and infographics etc.

yahoo-news-digest-app-1

yahoo-news-digest-app-2 yahoo-news-digest-app-3 yahoo-news-digest-app-4 yahoo-news-digest-app-5

The Yahoo engineers have developed an efficient algorithm that brings hand-curated news from Yahoo's editors. The app's international edition is compiled by the company's editors in the UK, the US States, and Malaysia to offer round-the-clock updates. If you are someone who skims through newspaper headlines, but are left wanting for more, this app would work great for you. Yahoo will get you all the key headlines of the day in a finite and visual manner, which is just great.

How do you like the idea of having such a news app? How does it fare against its competitors in the overcrowded Android and iOS app marketplace? Share your thoughts with us in comments.

Download: #-Link-Snipped-# | #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Satya Swaroop Dash
    Satya Swaroop Dash
    So as it seems an actual "News" Paper has arrived.
    The engineers at yahoo have taken the concept of Facebook's Paper and given us something that we can use to obtain useful information. The app looks cleaner than any news aggregation app I have seen. The only concern, I have is that whenever the regional app comes they do not use the stupid attention grabbing yet useless slide show of images to convey a news like they do on the Yahoo India website.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hi frds ..I am shruti soni. I completed my computer engineering at past in 2013.currently i am working in SEO expert(search engine optimization).but my frds said me "this not right...
Watch this video and start debate. https://bit.ly/SKaAMw P.S: Stay Human...Stay curious.
Hello CEans ! So I am here again to introduce you to another fellow CEan. An amazing photographer, whose photos have robbed many hearts. An astounding creative designer (Yes Anoop!...
PriceBaba is a Mumbai-based price and product research platform that provides retailers with information on the buying behavior of Indian consumers. PriceBaba was launched in 2011 by Annkur P Agarwal...