Yahoo messenger problem

Yahoo messenger "Call" button is disabled. How to enable it? My Internet connection is through proxy server port 80

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I don't think it has got anything to do with the proxy server port. Which version of Yahoo Messenger are you using?

-The Big K-
    ps:
    Moving the thread to CE - IT Help section
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Well, I dont think you can call through port 80, cause its an HTTP proxy if im not mistaken. You need dedicated ports for those, which are UDP 5000-5010 and TCP 5000-5001.

If you are using a company's internet access, try asking the network admin to open those ports (including TCP 5050 for the Messenger program).

Good luck!
  • LORD_EC
    LORD_EC
    smjadhav
    Yahoo messenger "Call" button is disabled. How to enable it? My Internet connection is through proxy server port 80
    You need to run Call Assitant Setup for that.It has to be run initially so that computer can adjust volume control/sound control for your headphone and mic.
    Try this and then post.

@Ash
    U mentioned range for TCP/IP ports as 5000-5001.That means only two ports.I think you are wrong.I dont remember the exact number of ports alloted to TCP but i am very much sure that you must be missing some details.
    Please correct me if i am wrong.
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Ah.. normally Yahoo! Messenger's voice calls would use TCP ports 5000 & 5001. To chat normally (ie sending the instant messages), you'd normally use TCP port 5050, but in smjadhav's case, his Y! messenger is connected through a proxy at port 80. If you want to use the webcam, then you also need to open TCP 5100. Of course, don't forget the UDP ports mentioned.

I think that's those are the only TCP ports needed for Y! Messenger to connect properly! ๐Ÿ˜› Hope that clears up some confusion, Lord_EC.
  • LORD_EC
    LORD_EC
    @Ash
    Yeah right.Now its fine.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

What kind of mini projects can i do....... it should be completed within a month........ tell some related project ideas using vb.net, asp.net, vb6.0,java
What the.. I did a search for "basketball" on this forum, only my introduction thread came out! ๐Ÿ˜› Who watches the NBA here? What team do you support? Me support...
I'm co-inventor of the following antiphishing method. I'm asking for serious technical feedback from CE members. A bank publishes a set of domains that will be in outgoing messages, before...
๐Ÿ˜i am very happy to join u all ๐Ÿ˜• i am in search of my final year project topics in electronics. couldu plz sujjest me some of the project centre...
Hi guys, Any embedded-hardware experts out there to help me ?? I hav a board built for a personal media player application. it consists: A Mips Processor NOR Flash 2...