Yahoo Mail App For Android Redesigned - Will Users Fall In Love With It Again?

It has been only a few weeks since Yahoo first launched its Mail app for iPhone users. Now Yahoo Mail app is officially here on the Android platform. Ever since its launch on the popular mobile platform, the company has been quick in gathering the usage data that says that the Yahoo Mail app users have been accessing its other additional features such news, videos, sports etc. Therefore, Yahoo has brought the entire experience for Android phone and tablet users too. Users of the Yahoo Mail app on Android can nw have one-tap access to personalized, real-time news and information.

Yahoo offers 1 TB of free space for all its users with the new app. Users can choose to receive notifications every time a new mail arrives as well as personalize their inbox with custom Flickr themes that will be synced across all the Android devices you use the mail app on. Other useful and important features of the app include - ability to switch between Yahoo email accounts, send files, attach photos or take new ones while composing a message and get the daily news digest that encompasses weather report, sports scores, popular videos etc.

yahoo-mail-app-android-1 yahoo-mail-app-android-2

Other than the common features for iOS and Android, the company has brought a couple of new ones exclusively to Android. Users can simply swipe left or right or tap the relevant icon in the upper right-hand corner of their screen to quickly a move between the tabs - Inbox, News stream, and Today. The new Yahoo Mail for Android is now available in Yahoo Mail – Organized Email - Apps on Google Play store, and the News and Yahoo Today experience will be rolling out to all supported devices over the next few days.

What are your thoughts on the new Yahoo Mail app? Will it be able to win back its users? Share your thoughts with us in comments.

Source: The New Yahoo Mail App, Now on Android | Yahoo Mail

Replies

• Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    I.loved yahoo very much and still loves it.it has a unique interface and it offers best in class news or anything .I love to use it.
  • Rajni Jain
    Rajni Jain
    Yahoo is already providing 1 TB space to its consumer base since some time so mobile app is not offering anything new. The new thing is with extra permissions Yahoo will now show the local weather reports, configured sports score and NEWS.

However, why do you require Yahoo for these features?

May be its only me, I still prefer Gmail mobile app over Yahoo (If you will notice number of downloads and likes of Gmail are almost 1.5 times of Yahoo Mail App).

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi, First of all, no offense to anyone, even I wear glasses.. Just come across this while browsing randomly... Have a look : https://www.scoopwhoop.com/humour/people-who-wear-glasses/
Microsoft recently launched its third Nokia X smartphone in the Indian market, the Nokia X+ dual-SIM, for Rs 8399, though the company hasn't listed the availability details of the same....
Maruti has announced Celerio CNG Model "Green" with a price tag of Rs. 4.68 Lakh, ex-showroom in Delhi. Already popular among the Indian buyers, the Celerio offers auto gear shift...
Aerofex is soon going to make the dream of flying your own motorcycle in the air real with its Aero-X hoverbike all set to launch in 2017. The mean machine...
If you are using an Android smartphone, chances are high that you are using Google's native Gmail app quite frequently. Well, with the latest update, the Gmail app for Android...