Y2K38 Problem | Y2K Problem Was Old!

There's yet another big problem! Its Y2k38 Problem!!! Check this out, as this explains it all:
[โ€‹IMG]

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Moved the post to a new thread. Boy! Is that a real problem?
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    The_Big_K
    Moved the post to a new thread. Boy! Is that a real problem?
    Whaaat??? How can you say??? Most of the processors have their clocks running in 32 Bit mode!!! ๐Ÿ˜ฒ

PS: My 5000th Post! ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Tanu Pawar
    Tanu Pawar
    Seriously we are goona face big problem....if we continue to use 32 bit....so now a days
    most Operating system - Wikipedia designed to run on 64 Bit Hardware Architecture already use signed 64-bit time_t integers, effectively eliminating the Year 2038 problem in any software that has been developed to use the extended format.

Using a signed 64-bit value introduces a new wraparound date that is over twenty times greater than the theorized Age Of The Universe: approximately 292 billion years from now, at 15:30:08 on Sunday, 4 December 292,277,026,596.
  • born_star16
    born_star16
    Thank god, I have 64 bit processor. ๐Ÿ˜›
    born_star16
    Thank god, I have 64 bit processor. ๐Ÿ˜›
    Boss, the time is given by a 32 bit application time_t!!! That is still 32 bit!!! ๐Ÿ˜ฒ
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Is there any solution for this problem?
    Migrating to 64 Bit time_t...
  • born_star16
    born_star16
    Praveen-Kumar
    Boss, the time is given by a 32 bit application time_t!!! That is still 32 bit!!! ๐Ÿ˜ฒ
    Oh! missed again. Time to migrate. ๐Ÿ˜€
    born_star16
    Oh! missed again. Time to migrate. ๐Ÿ˜€
    Ha ha!!! All the best!!! ๐Ÿ˜€ Soon!!! Just 26 years more!!! ๐Ÿ˜›

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

https://www.extremetech.com/extreme/...ign=Feed:+ziffdavis/extremetech+(Extremetech)
With the punchline "What you see is What you search", Archify is yet another tool to archive your personal web-browsing history. It's still in the development stage. Archify is a...
Do you remember Orkut? Almost everyone around me was hooked to it until Facebook came and ate its lunch. But Google's still betting on the service and adding new features...
Shopveg.in is a service exclusive to Mumbai that promises to deliver fresh vegetables, dry fruits, fruits and groceries right to your doorstep. All you've to do is head over to...
I wish to develop an application where in I enter a keyword, say Computer. What the application is required to do is open the browser, load google.com, type the keyword...