Xolo Q500S Features Bring Fresh New Competition For Moto E In India

The Indian market has turned into playground for almost all the smartphone manufacturing companies. One such company- Xolo, recently launched the Q 500s IPS by giving it a price tag of Rs.5,999. This phone may prove to be a healthy competitor for Motorola’s Moto E. So, without wasting much time, let’s see the full specs comparison between these two budget smartphones.

Display and Dimensions:

The Q 500s sports a 4-inch IPS HD display (1080p) with a screen resolution of 480x800 whereas Moto E features a 4.3-inch qHD display with a screen resolution of 540x960 pixels. The pixel density of Q 500s and Moto E are 233 ppi and 256 ppi respectively. So, Moto E has a slight advantage when it comes to display.

On the dimensions front, Q 500s beats Moto E with its 8.98mm thickness while the latter is 12.3mm thick.

Xolo Q 500s
q500s
Processor, Memory and Software:

Like most low budget phones, Xolo’s smartphone is powered by a 1.3GHz quad-core MediaTek MT6582M processor coupled with a Mali 400-MP2 GPU and 512MB of RAM. Moto E, on the other hand, is powered by a dual-core (Qualcomm Snapdragon 200) Cortex-A7 processor having a clock speed 1.2 GHz and 1 GB of RAM. Both the phones have an internal memory of 4 GB which can be expanded up to 32 GB and run on Android 4.4 KitKat.

Moto E
moto-e-group

Camera and Battery:

On the camera front, the Q 500s has a slight advantage over Moto E. Although both the smartphones have a 5-megapixel rear camera, Moto E lacks Flash support and there is no front facing camera. Q 500s sports a 0.3-megapixel front facing camera. Also the Q 500s houses a 1500 mAh removable battery whereas the Moto E houses a 1980 mAh non-removable battery.

Connectivity and SIM:

There is no difference here as both the phones have Bluetooth, Wi-Fi and have a microUSB slot. Also these phones have dual SIM support.

Price:

The Q 500s and Moto E, both, lie under the budget smartphones category as they are priced at Rs. 5,999 and Rs. 6,999 respectively.

Verdict:

There’s not much difference in Xolo Q 500s and Moto E as both of them run on same operating system and have same storage memory. Although Moto E has a better RAM and a better battery, the Q 500s has a better camera and is slim. So if you don’t have any problem in using phones made by domestic manufacturers, the Q 500s might be the right phone for you.

Source: #-Link-Snipped-# and #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Chaitanya Kukde
    Chaitanya Kukde
    A dedicated gpu is good but all ram-intensive applications can't be handled efficiently just by gpu and believe me, a 512 mb ram is not good enough these days.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Mixed bag of reviews about Xolo phones.
    The body is completely plastic, after buying the phone within two days the screen turned white and nothing was visible for some and the phones start heating up very soon.

On the other hand, the phone's are pretty lightweight, no complaints for the UI and screen (which is at par with Sony and Samsung some say).

Overall, when compared with other home-grown brands, XOLO is a fierce competitor, but when leading companies come with phones below Rs. 15k in range, do these phones really stand a chance?
  • Rajni Jain
    Rajni Jain
    Hold On, Read this --

1398660242777057_tall

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Too damn ignorant to write cronjobs ? Well, here is an automated online tool to generate cronjob for you. https://www.crontab-generator.org/
There are couple of plans introduced by BSNL which are termed as 'Promotional basis for 90 days'. I would like to know, what does 'promotional basis' really means ? Does...
The proud owners of Moto G, Moto E and Moto X phones may now upgrade their phone's firmware to latest Android 4.4.4 Kit-Kat. Google's began offering the upgrade to all...
If you happen to be one of those who believe you can't get work done or achieve your weight-loss goals without some kind of shock treatment, this may well be...
I completed my BE in EEE, I have to wait for ~1 yr (back papers), so I would like to join a course, a trending course that has good future...