Xiaomi unveiled Redmi 4A In China – Features 13 MP Camera, 2 GB RAM at INR 4,999/-

Xiaomi, yesterday, unveiled a pair of smartphones at a launch event in Beijing, China. The two smartphones namely, Redmi 4 and Redmi 4A were unveiled, of which, the later one is a cheaper variant under the latest Redmi series. Xiaomi Redmi 4 and Redmi 4A will be available at a price of CNY 699 (Rs 6,990) and 499 (Rs 4,990) respectively and is expected to feature soon in India at the same price rate. Let us look at some of Redmi 4A features which were disclosed at the launch event yesterday-

redmi_4a_01
Xiaomi Redmi 4A - At A Glance

Redmi 4A has a dimension of 139.50 x 70.40 x 8.50 mm and weighs as light as 131.50 gm. It features the same uni-body design that the previous Redmi series used to have and is available in two color variants, namely - Rose Gold and Golden. The phone features a 5 inch touch screen with a resolution of 720 x 1280 pixels and density of 443 PPI. It is capable enough to host clear display of images and is ideal for regular usage.

redmi_4a_02
Xiaomi Redmi 4A Variants - Rose Gold and Golden

It features a 1.4 GHz quad-core processor powered by Snapdragon 425 chipset. It has a 2 GB RAM and a 16 GB internal memory which is expandable up to 128 GB with a micro-SD. Camera features are pretty decent as it hosts a 13 MP rear camera. Also present is a 5 MP front shooter camera that enables the device to capture selfies. Apart from all these, it features the latest Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) and the MIUI 8 skin which enables the user to customize the device as per their needs.

As far as the connectivity features are concerned, it has Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS, etc. It has dual SIM slots that accepts micro and nano SIM’s and is enabled with both 3G / 4G functionality. Also present are the Proximity sensor, Accelerometer, Gyroscope and Ambient Light sensor which makes this device capable enough to respond to newer applications. The phone is powered by a 3120 mAh non-removable battery which is supposed to have quick charging facilities.

Overall, Redmi 4A is a steal deal, if offered at a price of Rs 4,999/- in India. Though it has a lower memory specification, the camera and the connectivity features are its USP. Those who are looking for a budget smartphone with 4G functionality and good camera specs, can surely give it a try. However, that will have to wait till it becomes available at the local and online stores in India.

Source - #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello i am new to CE. Just joined Couple of hours ago... can anyone tell me how to send message to any of member and comment on post?
One of my friend is in M.Tech. she needs to do project on communication or vlsi based mostly for her exam....Please suggest some of topics that can be taken up...
You might, just to relate the research product, not only get into the jungle but also feel the adventurous fight between Mowgli and Shere Khan in near future. The four...
Respected Admin, senior members, & Colleagues warm greetings to all of you. I am new member of this wonderful forum which I come across randomly through google search so thought...
i am a new mmbr of dis page,i am an electrical engineer,2015 pass out,do i have any good scope in IT industry?? I want to start my carrier as a...