Xiaomi Mi5 Specs & Feature Hint At Powerful Hardware And Software Combo

The Chinese phone maker Xiaomi, popularly known as the the 'Apple' of China, is building the next flagship - Mi5. While the company is closely guarding the hardware and software specs and the feature set Mi5 will have; it can't prevent leaks. The latest leak about the Mi5 specs hints at a powerful hardware+software combo in the making. It also sets the launch date of Mi5 sometime in November this year. Here's all we know about the next one from Xiaomi -

Xiaomi's engineers seem to be working on integrating the Snapdragon 820 SoC; which has not been released yet. We do not know the speed and performance improvement the new CPU will bring; but it's bound to be one of the most powerful processors in the market when it's released. Mi5 will also have a 5.3" crystal clear display operating at 1440 x 2560 px resolution.

XIAOMI-Mi5-Specs-Features

The leak also suggests a 4GB RAM module; which is likely to be at par with upcoming flagships from Samsung (Samsung Note 5 or Samsung S6 Plus). The phone is expected to ship with two storage options: 16 / 64 GB. There are high chances that the phone will offer expandable storage; but we're still in the rumour zone and nothing has been confirmed. The phone is expected to be powered by a 3030 mAh battery. No information is available whether the battery will be user replaceable.

On the software front, the phone is expected to feature a customised Android M firmware. Xiaomi calls it MIUI and we'll have to see what all goodies it packs.

The phone is currently under development at Xiaomi engineering labs with codename LIBRA. We expect a release date in November this year. There is no word about the price of Mi5. That said, if any of the above information turns out to be true, Xiaomi will have a winner flagship. Do let us know your thoughts.

Read our earlier coverage: Xiaomi Mi 5 With 4GB RAM, 8 MP Front Camera Launching In November.

Source: Alleged Xiaomi Mi 5 specs leaked; said to release in November - GSMArena.com news

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi everyone, i hope you all are fine.. I want to know any online electronic components sites having surplus of all components and others related products.. Thanx in advance..
How are the placements at NIELIT Calicut for PG Diploma in Embedded systems ?
I am Daniel Mensah and a 21 years of age and I am in second year at the Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology in Ghana and I am...
Hello! guys I am a 3rd cse year student I need some project ideas please help me!
Hie everyone, I am anirudh THABJUL, completed my Masters degree in field of electronics and Telecommunications from the France and currently doing my internship in field of hardware engineering &...