Xiaomi Mi5 Launch Likely On Dec 3 With Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 Chip Onboard

The launch of Xiaomi Mi5 has been delayed multiple times. It was tipped in June this year that the Mi4 successor is all set to get a November Xiaomi Mi 5 With 4GB RAM, 8 MP Front Camera Launching In November. Later in July, leaks had become rife and the internet went crazy with the powerful hardware and software specs on the Mi5 that the company was closely guarding for too long. During this time, news also started making rounds that Xiaomi's engineers were busy working on integration of yet unreleased Qualcomm's Snapdragon 820 SoC. Now, the latest claim by the Chinese tipster named Leaksfly has posted on portal Weibo that Xiaomi Mi5 may launch on December 3rd just in time for the holidays.

Now it has been long coming that Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 SoC might launch at an event slated for November 20. If that happens to be true, we can all put an end to the rumours and get on with our lives, resting assured that the powerful processor will definitely arrive on the Xiaomi Mi5.

xiaomi-mi5

So, from all that we know so far, Xiaomi Mi5 is going to carry a bunch of really awesome specifications and it's going to be the phone's pricing that will set stage for its popularity.

The phone may carry a 5.3 inch QHD resolution display (1440 x 2560 pixels) with 554 PPI pixel density. Speculations and rumours put together suggest that Xiaomi Mi 5 will be powered by a 4GB RAM and an Adreno 530 GPU. There will be a 64 GB internal memory variant, but there has been no word about expandable storage option.

Now take a step back and take a look at the RAM. Presence of 4 GB RAM will put the Mi5 in the league of OnePlus 2, Samsung Galaxy Note 5 and Mi's own Note Pro.

In other reports, it is being shared that Mi5 will feature a 16 megapixel rear camera with dual-LED flash. The front selfie snapper may carry a 6 megapixel sensor, which can make video calls just about alright. A 3030 mAh battery is said to power the Mi5 and it will make the phone last a day full of general usage.

Xiaomi Mi5 is said to run on Android 5.1.1 (Lollipop) operating system. The usual connectivity options - WiFi, Bluetooth, microUSB and USB 3.0 will accompany the specifications list. Some reports also share the probability of the latest USB Type-C connector being integrated with the Mi5.

Among a bunch of smart features that the phone might carry, there's a fingerprint scanner for unlocking the smartphone securely. This feature will be called 'Sense ID'. This sensor is said to based on the ultrasound technology replacing the existing optical tech, making it superior in situations where your finger is covered in water or dirt.

That's all we know about the Xiaomi Mi5 and the speculations and leaks are only about to turn crazy in the next 2-3 weeks as everyone patiently waits for the Mi5 launch.

Meanwhile, Mi may also be working on the successor to Mi Band, that may be called the Mi Band 1s. Reports suggest that the smartwatch cum fitness band's launch may happen sometime next week.

What are your thoughts about the Mi5 Launch? Share with us in comments below.

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I'm wondering if there's a way to use WHERE condition in SQL more than once. Here's what I'm trying to achieve:- Get the output in following format:- [Username] [Article Contributed...
Is any one had given Assistant Vigilance officer's exam of MAHADISCOM?
Hi All, mine is just curiosity in a field which is not mine (I'm a electronics eng. specialized in microwaves). The question is: would that be possible to build a...
can u tell me the explanation for fibonacci series program in java without using recursion??
So the thing is, I have a small (100 Page) book written on the basics of a designing software along with a few exercises and solution. Can you guys give...