Xiaomi Mi3 | Price In India: Rs. 14999 | Pre-Order Starts : 15 July!

It's official! The Xiaomi Mi3 price in India is Rs. 14999 and the makers will start accepting pre-orders for the phone starting July 15. It's expected that the phone will start shipping to the early adopters by the end of July or early August. If you are looking for big bang for the buck you are spending, look no further! The Mi3 phone has already won millions of heart in the eastern region and if you have a little more to spend than you'd on Moto G - Features, Specs And Price Leaked; Launch To Be Just In Time For Holidays, you've no option - It's going to be the Xiaomi Mi3!

Let's give you a quick overview of what Rs. 14999 will fetch you. Packed in a beautiful 8.1mm magnesium alloy chassis, the Mi3 has a 5" full HD IPS display (16:9). At the heart of the phone's circuitry, you'll get a Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 8274AB 2.3GHz CPU. All the pixels on the display will be driven by Adreno 330 450 MHz graphics processor. There's 2GB of volatile memory (RAM) and eMMC 4.5 flash memory. If that didn't make much sense to you - be assured that the hardware will make the phone snappy to operate, no matter whether you're listening to music or playing a video game or just surfing CrazyEngineers.

Xiaomi-Mi3-Price-In-India

The phone's got a 13MP rear camera with dual-LED flash. Equipped with ultra large Exmor sensor and f/2.2 aperture, you should expect the camera to perform well in various light conditions. For your video conferencing needs, Mi3 offers a decent 2MP camera on the front. Xiaomi promises that the phone, with its 3050 mAh battery, will give you about 500 hours of standby time; or about 50 hours of music playback, or 25 hours of talk-time or 21 hours of 3G Internet use. Quite good for long flights or train journeys.

The phone has ample connectivity options with dual-band wi-fi and NFC. The phone offers a brand new layer of graphics over the custom android 4.3, called "MIUI V5". There's already a launcher available in the Google Play store and it's being loved by the larger community. You'll also get about 10 GB of free online storage, which you can use to store your phone's contact list, photos, videos, documents and texts.

We learn that Xiaomi has signed a deal with Online Shopping India | Buy Mobiles, Electronics, Appliances, Clothing and More Online at Flipkart.com to sell this phone exclusively through them. As of typing this post, Flipkart's showing no sign of the Mi3. We'll keep an eye on Flipkart and inform you as soon as relevant announcements are made.

Source: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I personally can't wait to see the OnePlus folks announcing their phone for the Indian markets. Once that phone launches in India, we'll have three serious contenders for your pocket for Androids phones under Rs. 15,000. The first one's going to be Moto G, second - the Xiaomi Mi3 and the third will be OnePlus. There's no information when will the OnePlus make it to India; but I'm expecting that they'll expand here by end of 2014.

Curious to know whether we've any potential buyers of this phone on CrazyEngineers. I personally would love to have this phone. If Xiaomi guys are reading this; send us a review unit! 😀 !
  • Rajni Jain
    Rajni Jain
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Curious to know whether we've any potential buyers of this phone on CrazyEngineers. I personally would love to have this phone. If Xiaomi guys are reading this; send us a review unit! 😀 !
    I can try my hands on the trial unit... 😁

On a serious note the phone specification looks impressive; for a moment It felt like I am reading specs for Oppo Find 7 or HTC one and price range of MOTO G.

Super Impressive !
  • Satya Swaroop Dash
    Satya Swaroop Dash
    The specs and the build quality can sure charm the smartphone audience but it will struggle to find a strong foothold in the Indian market, the main reason being its brand popularity. Sure Motorola could do it because it has more brand value than regional players but without good after sales support and a modded OS could be a problem.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Satya Swaroop Dash
    The specs and the build quality can sure charm the smartphone audience but it will struggle to find a strong foothold in the Indian market, the main reason being its brand popularity. Sure Motorola could do it because it has more brand value than regional players but without good after sales support and a modded OS could be a problem.
    I agree that Motorola and Google was a great combo, and it's likely that the Xiaomi Mi3 won't hit the same level of sales at Moto G or Moto E. But in the longer run, I expect them to do far better than Moto G. I'm quite sure that those people who can shell out Rs. 12K or 13K for the Motorola phone won't mind taking out a few more bucks for the Full HD display, an amazing looking UI and a premium-phonish feeling that Xiaomi might offer.

There's a strong reason that this phone's done so well in Singapore and in China and even Steve Wozniak - Apple, Pranks & Engineeringtook a note of them! What they need to focus on is tieing up with local players to offer after sales service; because that would determine how successful they will be.

That said, the folks are already teasing Mi 4, to be launched on 22nd July in China. I'm sure they'll launch it in Indian markets in the next 3-4 months just to keep the hype up! 😀

I hope to have my hands on the phone! Xiaomi folks - send us a review unit!
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Now hearing that the phone is sold out on both Flipkart and Amazon.
    Both sites crashed when people were trying to make a purchase today. That is quite something!
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    It could be yet another marketing ploy by Flipkart. They should have anticipated the sale and upgraded their service. But 'Flipkart' going down for Xiaomi Sales would definitely get the media talking about them and Xiaomi. I'm quite sure that the 'downtime' has been 'sponsored' by Xiaomi!

PS: I'm not saying that Mi3 won't have attracted so many buyers; but I'm sure that the inflow of traffic wouldn't have bought flipkart down.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Kaustubh Katdare
    It could be yet another marketing ploy by Flipkart. They should have anticipated the sale and upgraded their service. But 'Flipkart' going down for Xiaomi Sales would definitely get the media talking about them and Xiaomi. I'm quite sure that the 'downtime' has been 'sponsored' by Xiaomi!

PS: I'm not saying that Mi3 won't have attracted so many buyers; but I'm sure that the inflow of traffic wouldn't have bought flipkart down.
    Was it down when started selling Moto E,G and X if not then I don't think it will go down with Xiaomi.
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    OnePlusOne is still little pricey over Xiami Mi3.
    Quad-core 2.3GHz, 2.2F Sony camera, Full HD dispalay, 3k mah and metal body.
    What the hell you want in 14K.
    Only concern is durability 😒
  • Dastan4eva
    Dastan4eva
    This ain't no surprise 😛
    Xiaomi allegedly sending your info to Chinese servers [UPDATED]
    Xiaomi secretly sending your info to Chinese servers: UPDATE
    July 30th, 2014, 01:56 by Mustafa 279 comments

You always had a feeling that Xiaomi’s deals were too good to be true, but you just couldn’t figure out what the catch was exactly, right?

[​IMG]

Well it’s safe to say now that that puzzle’s been solved, as the RedMi Note was caught red-handed sending private user info to a Chinese server.

What kind of info? User photos and text messages were being transferred to a private server that’s being hosted in China. The phone connects to an IP address automatically whenever it links to a WiFi network and transmits data. It still sends data over 3G, but just at a much lower rate.

[​IMG]

What’s more is that the surreptitious activity cannot be easily fought: even rooting the handset and flashing it with an entirely new firmware does nothing; your private data will transmit regardless.

There have already been concerns of Chinese cell phone manufacturers sending private user data to the Chinese government, so this certainly doesn’t look good for Xiaomi.

Source: Xiaomi allegedly sending your info to Chinese servers [UPDATED]
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    One of my colleague got Mi3 and have to say this is a superb device for price tag .
    Very light weight and colors are so just awesome. 👍
    First thing everyone is doing is to test age detection by front camera 😁
  • Gollapinni Karthik Sharma
    Gollapinni Karthik Sharma
    I made 3 of my friends buy this phone. And all of them said its a good light and awesome phone which runs smooth and good. Even the battery is pretty good. The themes and colors are good but gives a bit Chinese feel, but that should not matter I guess.
    After these 3 people reviews I purchased myself one. 😛.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    but gives a bit Chinese feel, but that should not matter I guess.
    Could you explain what 'Chinese feel' means? It would be of help for members coming here to read reviews.
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Ankita Katdare
    Could you explain what 'Chinese feel' means? It would be of help for members coming here to read reviews.
    Yeah.. icons made like iphone and feels like toy phone. I suggest Mi3 owner to root and flash Vanilla android or Cyanogenmod.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Anoop Kumar
    Yeah.. icons made like iphone and feels like toy phone. I suggest Mi3 owner to root and flash Vanilla android or Cyanogenmod.
    or wait for OnePlus One 😁
  • Gollapinni Karthik Sharma
    Ankita Katdare
    In the sense the icons and the themes makes you understand that its been developed in China. 😛

Anoop Kumar
    Still Cyanogenmod for Mi3 has not yet been displayed in the CS website. But in XDA developers you have the CS 11 available.

Kaustubh Katdare
    or wait for OnePlus One 😁
    Ha ha! True! But Mi4 will be out by that time. If I have to choose between OPO and Mi4 I will choose Mi4.. 😛. Iphone china model.. LOL! All are calling Mi4 as China Iphone. That's far funny actually.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    In the sense the icons and the themes makes you understand that its been developed in China. 😛
    + some mindset Don't? 😉

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

The selfie thing is picking up all over the world and I'm wondering whether there are any phones in the market that offer flash for the front camera so that...
For the shutterbugs: Fireworks: https://blog.photobucket.com/sizzle-snap-pop-firework-gifs/ Capture Movement in Nature: https://blog.photobucket.com/12-amazing-nature-gifs/ Who has got the cutest pet? https://www.buzzfeed.com/photobucket/whos-got-the-cutest-pet-lqq1
I have some reservations on the overall efficiency. The gadget requires solid ice to supply the latent heat of fusion for the AC effect. However an interesting concept involving chem...
Sir I completed my be I wss not intrested in doing job but well interested in doing business I was good intrested to keep a small scale industry in mechanical...
Additive Manufacturing (AKA 3D Printing) and Robotics will be much in evidence Quote: In less than a century — less time than this journal has been publishing — it’s gone...