Xiaomi Mi MIX Featuring Bezel-Less Screen, 4GB RAM And 16 MP Camera, Launched In China

As expected, Xiaomi, today, revealed a couple of flagship devices in China. Though the Xiaomi’s Mi Note 2 was expected to be unveiled, Mi MIX was a surprise release. Featuring Android 6.0 Marshmallow and a 128 GB internal memory, the device also sports a fine form factor with wide screen. With all these features present inside, let’s take a deeper look at other important aspects as well -

Mi_MIX_01
MI MIX - Xiaomi's Concept Phone At A Glance

Mi MIX has a dimension of about 158.80 x 81.90 x 7.90 mm and weighs around 209 gm. It has a large screen space of about 6.4 inches long with resolution of 1080 x 2040 pixels. With large screen space and rectangular design, the device looks not only stunning but hosts a 91.3 percent screen to body ratio. The bezel-less design of the phone is one of its kind and has initiated a new beginning of large-screen devices.

Powered by the latest Snapdragon 821 chipset, the device comes in two memory variants – 4GB RAM / 128 GB Internal Memory and a 6 GB RAM / 256 GB Internal Memory coupled with 18k gold rims around camera with absence of any expandable memory feature. With latest processors and high RAM, the device manages all the high-end applications with ease showing no lag and heating.

Mi_MIX_02
MI MIX - 18K (6 GB/ 256 GB Internal Memory) Gold Variant

Talking about the optics of the device, it has a 16 MP rear camera provided with flash that captures detailed pictures even under low light. A front facing 5 MP camera located at the bottom, allows capturing beautiful selfies and enables orienting the device at any position possible to capture quick images.

Connectivity features are also pretty decent as it has almost all of them. It has Wi-Fi, GPS, Bluetooth, OTG, NFC, etc. and comes with dual GSM SIM slots that supports Nano-SIM with 3G/4G functionality. Sensors present include – accelerometer, ambient light sensor, gyroscope, barometer and magnetometer. The proximity sensor has been replaced by an ultrasound sensor and the earpiece by a piezoelectric speaker. A fingerprint sensor is also present which comes with the 6 GB / 256 GB (Internal Memory) variant. Last but not the least, a 4,400 mAh battery with quick charge 3.0 support is all that powers this device to carry on all the tasks and do all the activities.

Though the device looks lucrative, it is sad to inform that neither of Mi Note 2 and Mi MIX will be available for sale in India. Although the company has stated marketing issues, there was no further clarification related to it. Indian market will be devoid of both of them but China will have full freedom to book any of them, especially Mi MIX starting November 5th.

Watch this video to get an overview of Mi MIX's impeccable design -

What are your views regarding Xiaomi’s move to not release new flagship devices in India? Comment your views below.

Source - Xiaomi is selling the concept phone of your wildest dreams - The Verge | #-Link-Snipped-#| #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Jon Zornow grew up in the northeastern United States, went to a pre-engineering high school, and then studied economics and sculpture at the university. Both his parents are first-generation entrepreneurs....
Hello CrazyEngineers 😁, my name is Priyanka Sahu. I have completed my graduation this year in Computer Science and Engineering. Thank you Kaustubh Sir for the help. Although I have...
Microsoft will announce a new web based chat product, called 'Microsoft Teams' on its November 2, Microsoft Office event in New York City. The new product is likely to compete...
I have added SSL to my website PNR Status Buzz and redirected whole site from http to https. For now all the pages are indexed without https, when it get...
It’s a regular for me, to sit in front of the half-cleaned whiteboard, every day, from 9:30am to 5pm. Probably, most other engineers sit once or more before them to...