Xiaomi Mi Band 2 Comes With OLED Display and 20 Day Battery Life

The Top 3 Things You Ought To Know About 'Xiaomi Mi Band' was a huge success not only in its native market in China but in upcoming markets like India thanks to its phenomenal features and dirt cheap price tag. Xiaomi know that things could only get better and it invited its users to suggest features that they would like to see on the next Mi Band. The Chinese electronics conglomerate has delivered on its promise and unveiled the Mi Band 2. The highlight of the Xiaomi Mi Band 2 is the presence of a 0.42-inch OLED display that displays time, step count and heart rate. The Xiaomi Mi Band 2 can perform all the tasks its predecessor was capable of such as tracking steps, monitoring sleep and exercise but in an improved fashion.

Xiaomi Mi Band 2 (2) Xiaomi Mi Band 2 (6)

The Xiaomi Mi Band 2 like most fitness bracelets in the market monitors fitness, heart rate and sleep. The optical heart rate sensor can monitor your heart rate with greater accuracy and the upgraded pedometer algorithm makes sure that it counts every step you take. The band of the Xiaomi Mi Band 2 has been made out of hypoallergenic silicone which makes it safer to wear. While its predecessor connected with smartphones with the help of Bluetooth 4.0, the Xiaomi Mi Band 2 communicates with the companion device with the help of 2nd generation Bluetooth 4.0 which promises stable connections.

Xiaomi Mi Band 2 (1) Xiaomi Mi Band 2 (5)

One of the lesser known features of the Xiaomi Mi Band 2 is that just like the FitBit Alta it buzzes you let you know you have been sedentary for long and you need to move. The Xiaomi Mi Band 2 can also be used to unlock your Xiaomi smartphone. Since battery life is a big concern of wearables, Xiaomi has worked hard to ensure that the Xiaomi Mi Band 2 gives you a battery life of 20 days before needing a charge. This makes it a better deal than the recently unveiled Fitbit Alta Puts Style In Fitness Tracking With Interchangeable Bands, Priced at Rs. 12,999 which only gives 5 days of battery life with the same features. The Xiaomi Mi Band 2 is IP67 water resistant which means it won’t be affected by sweat or light drizzle. The best part about the Xiaomi Mi Band 2 is its price which is just RMB 149 or Rs. 1524 which makes its much cheaper than other smartbands in the market.

Xiaomi Mi Band 2 (9) Xiaomi Mi Band 2 (7)

The Xiaomi Mi Band 2 goes on sale in China from June 7th in Black, Blue, Green and Orange colour variants. We are awaiting information about its global availability which might happen soon.

Xiaomi Mi Band 2 (3) Xiaomi Mi Band 2 (4)

Source: #-Link-Snipped-# via #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Yesterday we talked about the Xiaomi Mi Band 2 and its efficiency as a cheap smartband. Today we are about to discuss a smartwatch from India. Meet the Intex iRist...
Smartphones are launched everyday in India but yesterday Swipe Telecom unveiled their new creation that plans to rattle the competition with its affordable price and impressive specs. Say hello to...
Samsung has seen success in the smartwatch department but its fitness band sales haven’t been impressive. Samsung first try at a Fitness band failed miserably with the Gear Fit. The...
Reliance Retail’s LYF series added new launch to its range with LYF Flame 6 after the successful launches of earlier LYF Flame 4 and Flame 3. As per the listing...
I have done my Electronics and telecommunication engineering this year .I am not yet placed but i have good knowledge of my subjects .I want a time of 7 -10...