Xbox One To Get Cortana By Early 2016 And Xbox Windows 10 To Receive Updates

Xbox lovers have some really great news coming their way. Let’s get to the highlight of the matter first. Microsoft’s digital assistant Cortana will reach Xbox One in early 2016. Microsoft’s Larry Hryb, who is also known as Major Nelson wrote about this upcoming update in his blog.

Hryb was very terse and didn’t reveal that what exactly Cortana would bring to Xbox One. Speculations are that it would enhance the existing feature of Kinect voice command controller but we don’t know for sure. The blog also mentions that the preview users or the beta testers of Xbox One will get the update by the end of 2015.

xbox_one_cortana_update

Now for some more news on Xbox. Microsoft has now released a number of updates for the Xbox app for Windows 10. Following are the details of the same:

Party Text Chat: This is a new way to connect to your friends on Xbox. As many as 12 members can form together a group to chat. In party text chat, users can chat either via text or through voice.

Reply Via Notifications: You can now reply to the message inline from the notification itself. There is no need to click the message to open the chat window and then reply. Check out the following image.

inline_notification_reply

Activity Alert Notifications: If someone adds you as a friends, sends you a request, share or comment on your content, then you will receive a real time notification of the same. The blog says that the notifications have been designed to engage you deeply and can be easily customized in the settings.

Activity Feed Sharing: If you have recently taken a screenshot, recorded a video or have done any shareable activity, you can find all those if you click on the ‘share’ icon. From here you can easily select whichever content you wish to share with others.

What do you think about the above mentioned updates of Xbox? Please share your views with us in the comments below.

Via: #-Link-Snipped-# | #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi All, Can any one explain me the concept of private and public key by giving a real life scenario. Actually i have an idea of this but still i...
I know what is LSIG relay...But would like to know:- Its applications. Can it replace normal back up relay in MV system? Can it be used for drives? Its relation...
Another puzzle from the master, Martin Gardner: Quote: Unattacked Queens The properties of chess pieces play a part in many challenges, including in a group of problems about unattacked queens....
My solution to the 5X5 chess board puzzle may be seen here: Dropbox - 5x5v2.jpg
Quote: Apple on Thursday in a U.S. patent application described the “need for electronic devices with faster, more efficient methods and interfaces for interacting and/or controlling external electronic devices.” The...