Xbox One S: Slimmer With Greater Storage and Bluetooth Controllers

At the Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) 2016, Microsoft tried to woo the gaming audience by not only unveiling several new game titles like Gears of War 4, Forza Horizon 3 and Dead Rising 4 but also announcing a new gaming console called the Xbox One S. The Xbox One S as the name suggests is a slimmer variant of the original Xbox. While the new entrant might not offer anything new in terms of computation because the innards are same as before it has some enhancements that you might want to spend your money on if you have not bought the original one.

Xbox One S

The Xbox One S is 40 percent smaller than the original Xbox One and the most compact Xbox Microsoft have ever built. It is the first Xbox with built in power supply. Considering fan requests and competition from Sony the new Xbox One S can be placed vertically with the help of an optional stand that costs $19.99. The new console also supports 4K Ultra HD content from service providers like Netflix and Amazon Video. The Xbox One S is the first console to offer High Dynamic Range (HDR) support for video and newer game titles like Gears of War 4 and Scalebound which results in the viewer being able to enjoy true visual depth in games. Your old Xbox 360 titles shall also work with the Xbox One S.

Even though it’s a small change but it is quite a useful one as Xbox has shifted one of the three USB ports to the front of the console. The new IR blaster that in also included in the front is able to turn on and control other devices like TV, audio/video receiver and cable/satellite receiver. The Xbox Wireless controller has got the biggest addition of Bluetooth connectivity which means it can be used on the computer as well as mobile device. The regular Xbox wireless connectivity stays too along with textured grip and increased range which is twice the current generation. The controller can also be purchased separately for $59.99.

The Xbox One S shall be available in the following variants. The limited launch edition with 2TB of storage will cost you $399. The 1TB edition and 500GB variant will set you back by $349 and $299 respectively.

Source: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Yesterday at the Worldwide Developers Conference in San Francisco, Apple previewed the iOS 10 operating system for its mobile devices. The new operating system has already been launched to the...
One of the most awaited tech event of the year- Apple WWDC Keynote 2016, finally took flight yesterday. Tim Cook, CEO Apple, kicked off the event paying condolence to the...
Chinese electronics venture Xiaomi has unveiled a new product in Redmi 3 range, the Redmi 3S in China. The model will be priced at CNY 699 (approximately Rs. 7,000/-). Its...
Hi, I have been working as a software developer for 1.5 Months. I dont want to be a developer, because development is not my passion, I got placed in my...
Hi Team, I am a graduate in EEE currently working as a Lecturer. I would like to start a own business [SME - Initial investment less than 10lakhs] on manufacturing...