Writing your own JavaScript Engine

CEans,

I stumbled upon following posts -

#-Link-Snipped-#

#-Link-Snipped-#

Now, writing your own JavaScript engine is no child's play. But a curious person that I am, I want to know what exactly is a JavaScript engine, what knowledge does it take to write one [probably, SmallTalk, C/C++, Virtualization etc.]

In all, I want to know about efforts & knowledge required to build a web browser from ground up [you know, without copy-pasting anyone else's code].

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    *Bump*

I have these, rather BIG, plans of building a web browser as a CE Project.

Anyone interested?
  • Differential
    Differential
    I would have loved to participate but I'm afraid I don't know much about open technology languages.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    The project is not going to start anytime soon. We'll have our own team working on it from a some specific geographic location.

I just want to know if we have CEans who can delve inside the core of web browsers 😉
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    No one wants to share ideas in this thread? I guess its high time we go beyond 'online reservation systems' and 'process monitors'.

Here's some exciting stuff for computer science engineers? Anyone?
  • shalini_goel14
    shalini_goel14
    Differential
    I would have loved to participate but I'm afraid I don't know much about open technology languages.
    Its ok Differential ,we will do some R & D.If we will not give a try how we will know the problems to be faced.

I think neeraja_marathe will also be interested in this and I have no issues.So lets start with three people.Ready guys?? 😀
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Great 😁

We've lots of super cool CS engineers on CE. I bet its going to be tough. But at least, we all can brainstorm 😁
  • Big_B
    Big_B
    Kaustubh Katdare
    CEans,

I stumbled upon following posts -

#-Link-Snipped-#

#-Link-Snipped-#

Now, writing your own JavaScript engine is no child's play. But a curious person that I am, I want to know what exactly is a JavaScript engine, what knowledge does it take to write one [probably, SmallTalk, C/C++, Virtualization etc.]

In all, I want to know about efforts & knowledge required to build a web browser from ground up [you know, without copy-pasting anyone else's code].
    Both Links are Broken. :/
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Big_B
    Both Links are Broken. :/
    You're referring to very old posts. Looks like the blogs and pages have been moved or deleted.
  • Big_B
    Big_B
    Yes indeed, I'm just Stumbling around the [HASHTAG]#javascript[/HASHTAG] Section. 😉

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hi ! i am a pre-final year electrical engineering student. i am working on a video processing project. a video cam captures all the vehicles in road. i have to...
I'm Swati Verma. I wish to understand the basics of 4G technology. All I know is the 4th Generation of mobile communications. Thanking you in advance.
we have made project on Remote Control using TSOP1738 Receiver(rc5 Receiver) and Microcontroller (Atmel AT89S52).our circuit is ready, circuit is working properly,but we need a proper correct programme code for...
hi all Im Rajeshwari .presently woking on controllers. Well i was searching for som stuff related entrepreneurship when i bumped to this site found it interesting ..so here im😎
hey i want to buy a laptop with the following config: core2duo, 2gb ram,250 gb hard disk,14.1" lcd which laptop has the best price for this config? i'll be programming...