Write protect error in my 1gb moser baer pen drive

hey friends,
my pen drive(moser baer 1gb is showing a write protect error while transferring files having size greater than 237 MB.
can any one of you suggest me how to solve the problem

Replies

• engineer_vinay
    engineer_vinay
    Vishal , which O.S. u r using?
  • vishalhak
    vishalhak
    windows xp sp2
  • srideep111
    srideep111
    how to unlock the write protected pen drive
  • srideep111
    srideep111
    how to unlock the write protected pen as i locked it but unable to remove the lock so suggest me how to get back my pen drive as regular and working drive
  • friendster7
    friendster7
    try to format your pen drive it may solve ur problem.
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Regarding the write protect error, I believe its a common symptom for fake USBs. These are ones which say they have large capacity, but the seller placed a much smaller capacity chip. In your case, its possible that the pen drive's REAL capacity is only 256MB! Even the OS is fooled into thinking its a large capacity USB drive.

I saw some Sony branded USB's with a capacity of 32GB a few months ago. They are obviously fake.. but I do wonder how many people fell for them.

Be wary when buying USB's from sites like ebay ๐Ÿ˜‰
  • friendster7
    friendster7
    a good one ash.did not know that.so vishal if u have warranty try to replace it.
  • mahul
    mahul
    Brilliant info Ash. Thanks!
  • n.sivasankar
    n.sivasankar
    vishalhak
    hey friends,
    my pen drive(moser baer 1gb is showing a write protect error while transferring files having size greater than 237 MB.
    can any one of you suggest me how to solve the problem
    hi...
    nothing serious has happened ..it happened to me too..
    ur pen drive is caught up with viruses, that did this dirty trick..
    now use another system with good anti virus don't try to open any file from ur pen drive as that system will also get that virus..just scan n clean the infected file. if that doesn't work then ultimately only one way is there format it..
    then it'll automatically restore to previous condition..
    if windows doesn't allow to format try using from Commad Promt...

regards ,
    sivasankar.n๐Ÿ˜
  • mata
    mata
    ash
    Regarding the write protect error, I believe its a common symptom for fake USBs. These are ones which say they have large capacity, but the seller placed a much smaller capacity chip. In your case, its possible that the pen drive's REAL capacity is only 256MB! Even the OS is fooled into thinking its a large capacity USB drive.

I saw some Sony branded USB's with a capacity of 32GB a few months ago. They are obviously fake.. but I do wonder how many people fell for them.

Be wary when buying USB's from sites like ebay ๐Ÿ˜‰
    ash how to check whether a usb is fake or not
    ๐Ÿ˜•

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

CEans, Its high time that we add/remove/modify our existing sections. In my opinion, We preserve our existing Trade Specific Sections (i.e Computer Science, Electronics, Civil ...) Merge CE IT Help...
Dear all, I am an analyst and track power conversion industry. Mayank
Hello guys i have a project(20%) in my mechatronics system design subject, i have to build a golf-ball collecting robot through a hole goals...there will be a competition among my...
how to open allegro 15.7 board file in 15.2 allegro Hi all I have some board file that created using allegro 15.7...... When i try to open it with allegro...
hi, i m rajesh b.tech 3rd semester student of b.tech cse.