Would you like 2 factor authentication on CrazyEngineers?

I'm wondering how many of you would like to have two factor authentication on CrazyEngineers? Those who are not aware - it's a system that uses two pieces of information to authenticate a person: something that you 'know' and something that you 'have'.

What you 'know' is your 'password'. What you have could be -
  • A phone authentication app like Google Authenticator or Authy
  • An email account where the security code will be sent
  • A pair of secret code exclusively provided to you which you must keep in a safe place.
For example, if you choose to authenticate yourself with a phone app; you will have to scan a QR code shown on login page with your phone app. Only then you will be able to log-in.

This will add an extra layer of security for your account; making it close to impossible for anyone to 'hack' your account; but the 'login' process would be a bit lengthy.

What say you?

Replies

• rahul69
    rahul69
    I think it will make logging in a little complicated, and that much security is not required. It's my view, hope to hear from others, what they think about this..

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

The Suvarnabhumi International Airport at Bangkok (Thailand) has topped the list of airports with fastest wi-fi networks. The Internet download speed averaged at 41.45 Mbps at the airport. The study...
hii... m currently doing BE.. in sem 5... E&C i cant really decide if i should join GATE coachings right now... or should i wait till graduation? i want to...
Like many people in the past, the researchers at the Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU) have turned to nature to find ideas for improving machines. The team from...
My phone doesn't have android L then how does whatsapp update have material design?.My phone has android kitkat os. Regards A curious user and a coding student
What do you look for in an Android smartphone if you are on a budget and want the phone to be loaded with features? Well, if it's a slim and...