World's Thinnest 1080p LCD Is 2.2mm Thick

LG has unveiled world's thinnest full HD 1080p display - ideal for the next generation of even thinner smartphones and tablets. The company showed off a 5.2" panel that is just 2.2 mmthick and has a 2.3 mm bezel. The company says that their prototype is slimmest and narrowest among the existing Full HD LCD display available for the smartphones. The new panel will help making new gadgets lighter as well.

slide

The company said that the world's slimmest display was realised with its Advance One-Glass-Solution (OGS) technology - which is the latest touch technology which offers enhanced touch-screen experience. LG's engineers inserted dual flexible printer circuits in between the panel and the touch film. These circuits are superior than the current single circuits and allow the number of lines on the panel by about 30%. The direct bonding system allows optical clear resin between the touch film and the panel which results into brighter displays.

LG's display offers real-life contrast to ambient contrast ratio of 3.74 based on 10,000 lux. What it means is that this display will offer better readability even in the outdoor sunlight. The display has been certified by Intertek - a renowned testing firm.

We're quite sure that the LG's optimus range would be the first one to get these displays.

Replies

• Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    AMG! 2.2mm! 😲
    But what about durability ? LG surely don't have Corning's support to develop the glass very strong as Gorilla Glass. 2.2mm is so slim that it can break easily.
    Any details of glass regarding strength & durability ?
  • VINEETH NARAYAN
    VINEETH NARAYAN
    is it water proof/
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    VINEETH NARAYAN
    is it water proof/
    I doubt. I think waterproofing would be the next logical step; but it won't make it to these screens really quick. I'm not sure why we need waterproof screens. As long as we can enclose the glass into a water-tight body, things should work well.
  • VINEETH NARAYAN
    VINEETH NARAYAN
    but the thing is,as we all know,with more and more advanced technologies coming in quick time,water proof material would have served better for this ...
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    price please?
  • arunchary
    arunchary
    its very interesting what is the coast comes when it comes to end product..
  • Umesh Kumar Rai
    Umesh Kumar Rai
    I am wondering how would one feel with smartphone of 2.2 mm thickness when they start using it. to make it durable it should have flexible display so that it will not break up if you bend it by mistake.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I hope the phones won't cut our fingers one day.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

An audio engineer from Glasgow UK has come up with a new pair of solar headphones that make sure the battery life of your phones and tablets does not falter....
After the launch of the really successful Discover 100T and the sporty Discover 125ST, Bajaj Auto adds to its portfolio the all new Discover 125 T. Launched in India on...
more information in following site https://www.decodedscience.com/nanotechnology-breakthrough-single-atom-transistor-created/11011
IDK whether this is technical discussion or not, SO I am posting in Chit-Chat discussion : I have PC with loads of wires coming out of cabinet : ethernet cable,...
A team of Engineers/Researchers at University Of Southampton have demonstrated a method to store& retrieve the data as huge as 360TB on a single disk made up of quartz which...