World's Longest 'Experiences Sharing' Thread!

I'm sure each one of us has had experiences in life that has helped us in our growth. Post those experiences here so that everyone learns something new. Hope to create the LONGEST EXPERIENCES THREAD!!!

Replies

• Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    No matter how smart or dumb, weak or strong, small or big, rich or poor you are, there is always this one place where you are treated as one, where you learn to adjust with everyone. That's at the General Compartment, Trains of India.

P.S.: I recommend everyone should try taking a journey in one!!!
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    August 2nd 1990 -the day Kuwait was taken over by Iraq.
    Sept 2nd 1990- the day i was born in Kuwait, the exact same time that 8 guns were pointed at my dad after he admitted my mom at the hospital.

When i look back now, it's only by God's Grace that my family and i have survived.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    That's terrifying. Why were 8 guns pointed at your dad? ๐Ÿ˜
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    AbraKaDabra
    That's terrifying. Why were 8 guns pointed at your dad? ๐Ÿ˜
    It was a war zone in Kuwait. The Iraqis soldiers were hunting for prey to take as POWS (Prisoners of Wars) to Iraq. Lucky for my dad, there was an uncle and an aunt (who happened to be a head matron at the hospital), with him in the car, so they left them unharmed.

Thanks to the USA, under operation 'Desert Storm', Kuwait got her independence in Feb'1991. And again in 2003, the war between USA (who fought on behalf for Kuwait) and Iraq brought an end to Saddam Hussain's reign.

I'm lucky to be alive....God is Awesome!!!
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    Re: Post an experience!!!! - NEVER HEARD BEFORE!!!

Just learned that some people prefer the Toilet Office to the Desktop Office. I was chatting with my friend on Facebook, and he told me that he felt more comfortable keeping contact with his friends while he was busy doing 'his business' at the toilet!!! ๐Ÿ˜ฒ
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    Am I talking to myself??? Isn't there anyone out there with any interesting experiences???

P.S.: Check out my experience#-Link-Snipped-#.
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    I woke up today morning with a bad headache, and i grabbed my Colgate toothpaste from my bag in a hurry and went to the toilet to brush my teeth. After about 15-20 seconds, I realised that the toothpaste tasted awful. On second looks, I found out that I had used ITCHGUARD instead of my paste! Anyways the headache disappeared after that!

P.S.: Each day teaches something new. Today taught me that ITCHGUARD can cure headache. ๐Ÿ˜จ. Check #-Link-Snipped-# out.๐Ÿ˜
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    A great experience I had was in my 10th grade

I learnt never to believe in ere talkers as I was considered an outcast in my class with out any friends. The whole year was like hell. But had I not gone through that I would never had the opportunity to relish the amazing friends I found in my 11 grade

PS : In a different school only
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Every day is special, and we learn many things from people. Of all experiences i had in my life, I learn one big mantra: Bad things do happen, we should not let our emotions rule and ruin the life, just learn from it keep a check on emotions and move on. Life has wonderful things to unveil. So that is more or less my experience.

And if some good thing happens, dont forget to pat your back , and thank god and thank people who are responsible for it.
  • Beginner
    Beginner
    Well.. After reading the above I got one of my experiences in my mind..
    During my 12th standard, I was very much disappointed for my Chemistry teacher, for he used to show partiality towards his students. He used to teach extra points only to his favorite students, unfortunately, I was not one of them.. and he was expecting good results only from them..
    But I worked hard, referred to many text books and appeared for the exam.. I was expecting a good result.. and to my surprise when the results are out, I was the only one who scored 60 out of 60 in that subject.. ๐Ÿ˜‰
    Then, my teacher appreciated me.. I can still remember that moment ๐Ÿ˜ .. my happiness knew no bounds.. So, don't get disheartened in any kind of situation in your life, just do your part and show that YOU CAN DO IT..!!
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    The hostels at Andhra University were three floors high built with rough hewn local red granite blocks. I used to climb these walls using finger grip on the rough stones. Once I had gone up and onto the terrace on top. I heard a shout and found that one of my class mates was trying to follow me. He lost his nerve halfway and froze in fear. It was a bare side wall and no way to get off to a nearby floor. A big crowd gathered, the chief warden came and called the fire service and the fellow was brought down safely. I quietly hid on the terrace to wait till the excitement died down and make my way down. Unfortunately my class mate blurted out that I was already on top. I was promptly ordered down. I chose to come down quickly using the rain spout. Half way down i found to my horror that the spout had broken off and I was literally hanging in the air. Finally i came down rather shamefacedly using the fire tender ladder. The watchmen on duty were given strict instructions to prevent repeats.

Waltair is surrounded by rocky hills and I could do what I liked on those, though I was a loner and did get into occasional problems rock climbing alone.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Ray-Ban-like pair of sunglasses equipped with a micro video camera that delivers first person video recording in 720p. Eyez video camera sunglasses shoot 720p
Hello forum! So, I have decided to get a Master in Computer Science degree and I was wondering what your thoughts are on ABET accreditation (ABET | Accrediting College Programs...
Google Loves India : Indian Users can Post to Google + via SMS https://bit.ly/pB7U8b
which branch is best at this time, so that at the time of its completion I will get the job?
I've been hearing from multiple sources that the leading IT companies, that went out for magnanimous campus recruitment, offering jobs to complete batches on some occasions have delayed the joining...