World's First Stainless Steel Robot With 7 Degrees Of Freedom

Say hello to world's first ever robot with stainless steel body featuring seven degrees of freedom. The bot has been developed by Japan's Kawasaki Heavy Industries and is expected to be employed for discovery of drugs and other operations in the pharmaceutical field to automate the experiments. The robot will work on dangerous chemicals. Because of the stainless steel body, the robot can be sterilized using Hydrogen Peroxide gas so that it can work in sterile environments.The robot is expected to launch in January 2014.

slide

We've a video that shows the robot in action, performing all the drills smoothly with its stainless steel, masculine body like a pro.

Replies

• Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    a great achievement by team Kawasaki.I have read about s six degrees of freedom but it sounds amazing to see seven degrees of freedom.
    six degree: three linear movements and three rotational movements.
    could you explain on seventh degree of freedom?
    @ Kaustubh Katdare, explain if you know?
    A good news feed sir.
  • Cyborg 009
    Cyborg 009
    CSK AUTO
    a great achievement by team Kawasaki.I have read about s six degrees of freedom but it sounds amazing to see seven degrees of freedom.
    six degree: three linear movements and three rotational movements.
    could you explain on seventh degree of freedom?
    Minimum degrees of freedom for full coverage in 3d space are six ..
    additional dof add redundancies..ie a single point in space can be reached in more than one way..
    Human hand has 27 DOF 😁
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    what exactly is the seventh degree of freedom ?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

We've been getting reports from the social media that the Syrian Electronic Army has hacked Truecaller - arguably the largest collaborative online phone directory. eHackingNews reports that the hackers got...
Samsung India is all set to launch the Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 series tablets in the Indian market starting today. It was more than a couple of months back that...
The campus placements season will start in the next few weeks and I hope all the CEans who're eligible for campus placements; the ones who are in third / final...
Listed below is the difference between 2-Stroke and 4-stroke engines: In case of two stroke engine, rotation of crank shaft will be power stroke for every one rotation. During compression...
I'm wondering how much does personal branding matter on the Internet these days? I'm sure you must have searched your own name in Google and eventually found that the only...