World's Fastest Supercar - Hennessey's Venom GT At 270.49mph

Henessy's Venom GT is the world's fastest production car hitting an impressive 270.49 mph. Yes, you heard that right, On Valentine's Day, Hennessey's Venom GT clocked a GPS-verified 270.49 mph in just 2.4 miles. This event took place on the Kennedy Space center's 3.22 mile shuttle landing strip in Florida. This Supercar already holds a Guinness Book of World Records for the fastest ever run from a stop up to 186 miles per hour in just 13.63 seconds. But Company Boss, John Hennesey was looking to prove that his Venom GT was the fastest car in the world in terms of top speed.

World's_Fastest_Supercar_Hennessey's_Venom_GT@270.49mph_01

This is a unique hyper car based on Lotus chasis and powered by the LS9 V8. The Hennesy Venom GT's #-Link-Snipped-# include, 7.0 liters twin turbo GM V8 which makes 1244 horse power and 1155 lb-ft of torque on 93 octane pump gas.The pilot of this hyper car, Smith was only able to accelerate for about 2.6 miles before beginning the extensive slowing down process. According to him, the Venom GT could have gone faster if they had more room. The Venom GT was originally stated as having an untested speed of 278 mph. This gives it a 20 -120 mph in just 7.71 seconds. Despite the jaw-dropping 270.49 mph, which is almost 4 times the UK motorway and 3 times the highest US highway speed limit.

Check out the speed of this Supercar in the video below:

Unfortunately, the Venom GT won't be entering next year's Guinness World Record Book. This is because anyone who officially wants to establish the Guinness World Record for having the fastest car is required to make two runs on the same surface; one in each direction and the official top speed is the average of the two runs performed. Since, NASA only agreed to allow Hennessey Vennon GT to make just one high speed pass, the run cannot be accepted as the fastest top speed record.

World's_Fastest_Supercar_Hennessey's_Venom_GT@270.49mph_04

Also according to Guinness Standards, a vehicle is a production car only if it has seen atleast 30 production units made available for sale. As Hennessey is making only 29 such super car hence it does not qualify to be become a production car. However Hennessey has managed to sell 11 Venom GT for roughly around 1.2 million USD a piece. So if you are even day-dreaming of owning this hyper car beware of its exorbitant price tag.

As of now, topping the charts of the fastest cars in the world are these speed machines -
1. Hennessey Venom GT : 270 mph
2. Bugatti Veyron Super Sport : 269 mph
3. Koenigsegg Agera R : 260 mph
4. SSC Ultimate Aero : 257 mph & The 9ff GT9 - R : 257 mph
5. Saleen S7 Twin-Turbo : 248 mph

World's_Fastest_Supercar_Hennessey's_Venom_GT@270.49mph_03

What are your views on this record breaking performance presented by Hennessey's Venom GT? We would certainly like to hear from you. Speak up in comments section below.

Source: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Great thread
    As it seems, I agree that it should run two times on same surface on each direction.Its good to see a equivalent rival for Bugatti as others were behind it.
    Lets wait so that we can expect a another run on any other better place.
  • Yogesh Borkar
    Yogesh Borkar
    What a Car-nama! I think Venom GT should test run on a bigger track ASAP... it may go much ahead of Bugatti Veyron Super Sport.
  • Sunil Singh
    Sunil Singh
    SarathKumar Chandrasekaran
    Great thread
    As it seems, I agree that it should run two times on same surface on each direction.Its good to see a equivalent rival for Bugatti as others were behind it.
    Lets wait so that we can expect a another run on any other better place.
    Pilot driving this supercar has already revealed that its speed kept increasing but unfortunately he had to apply the brakes as car had already covered 2.4miles and the track was just 3.2miles long...Hope it officially creates a world record by making two rounds on some other track next time...!!
  • Mike Delaney
    Mike Delaney
    "7.0 liters twin turbo GM V8 which makes 1244 horse power"

The GM engine is 6.2 liters not 7.0.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello friends, We all know that because of dynamic load the strength of a body or member decreases like in the case of bending and unbending the wire in order...
hello friends, I read this on various books and even on google that "Any motion which repeats itself after an interval of time is known as vibration". this simple line...
dear sir i am new to this crazy engineers i am unable to wer is the POST option to ask my questions . plz guide me thanks
can anyone plz tell me how to find an IEM project on THERMAL BAGGING CARRIER
Australian app developers from Factorial Products Ltd. has come up with an innovative way to help you hang out with your "bros" without having to worry about texting your girlfriend....