World's Fastest Smartphones: #1. Samsung Galaxy S6 #2. LG G4 #3. Apple iPhone 6

If you are out in the market to buy the world's fastest smartphone, look no further. According to the tests conducted by The iPhone 6s Is The World's Fastest Smartphone | Tom's Guide; Samsung Galaxy S6 blew away the competition from rivals like LG, Apple, HTC, Google and ASUS to claim the crown. The second and the third rank were claimed by LG's flagship G4 followed by Apple's iPhone 6. TomsGuide put top six smartphones available in the markets through various tests to find out the winner.

The phones were subject to real world performance tests like PDF load time, Camera Load Time, Gaming Performance, Video Editing, Benchmarks (Geekbench, Basemark OS II, 3DMark Ice Storm Unlimited) and Wi-Fi speed. While each category had its own winner, Samsung S6 got the first rank in 6 out of 9 tests!

pedestals-new

It turns out that the octa-core Exynos 7420 CPU coupled with DDR4 RAM worked out in favour of the Samsung Galaxy S6. Also it's the only phone that featured UFS 2.0 storage which offers SSD like fast read/write speeds.

The iPhone 6 had the weakest specs among all the phones tested - but its 64-bit A8 chip was able to offer maximum performance. For example, in the PDF open test, the phones had to load a 1.6 GB PDF. S6 did it in just 127 ms while iPhone 6 claimed the second spot with 147.5 ms. The major disappointment came from Nexus 6 which took 482 ms to do the job.

The camera load tests were even more interesting. The testing team had kept 10 apps running in the background including Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. LG's G4 took only 52.5ms for the first spot, followed by S6's 55.5 ms and iPhone at the third with 61.5 ms.

In the Wi-Fi speed test, the crazy-fast ASUS RT-AC87U router was employed to send data packets to the phones. The IxChariot networking benchmark was then used to figure out the performance of the phones. Again, S6 beat the rest of the competition with a score of 206 followed by One M9's 202 and LG G4's 160. The following chart gives a snapshot of the results for various tests -

Fastest-Phones-chart-B
Image Credits: TomsGuide
Source: The iPhone 6s Is The World's Fastest Smartphone | Tom's Guide

Replies

• Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Great testing methods employed to find new winner.
  • prahu mac
    prahu mac
    really nice to see s6 topping the charts!!!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Turkey (City: Kocaeli) I am a Geological Engineer. I graduated in Kocaeli University. After school was to stay in Barcelona and I (+) the Erasmus program worked voluntaring. Now and...
Hi there fellows! I'm Kevin Sardea Avellaneda, currently an engineering student from the University of the East. I'm from the Philippines and I major in Electronics and Communications Engineering. Hoping...
I'm looking for an AC and have decided to go for for a 2 Ton, 5 Star rated split AC model. I'm looking for recommendations on the top models available...
Things to do after completing Civil Engineering ?
I need help of u my friend because I need final year project report on electronic and communication. So please send me a projects based on electronic and communication. Send...