Working As Assistant Professor Of English, Want To Switch To IT

Hello I am working as Assistant professor of english. I want to shift to IT field. What courses should? Whether to take up Software Testing or .NET programming, such that i can be hired in MNCs. I am in total confusion

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Welcome to CrazyEngineers, #-Link-Snipped-# . We hope you will find all the help you are looking for. Do let your students know about CrazyEngineers 😀

Anamika_Anamika
    Hello I am working as Assistant professor of english. I want to shift to IT field. What courses should? Whether to take up Software Testing or .NET programming, such that i can be hired in MNCs. I am in total confusion
    A little background information would help us provide a better answer. How long have you been into this profession and do you have any prior experience of working in the IT field?

Also, your engineering background is Biotech engineering and you will have to build a strong case to get into IT. There are few things you can do right away -
    1. Find out which specific domain would you like to work in: Software Development, Programming, Networking, SAP, Software Testing (QA) etc.
    2. Once the domain is fixed, you can start building your skills-set. For example, if you decide on ERP, you might get enrolled in a relevant course. If you opt for .Net or Java, joining a reputed institute to learn .Net or Java would definitely help.
    3. Getting directly into MNC might be tough, but not impossible. You will have to build a solid profile - which could be through contribution to open source projects, getting certified in technology / tool / software relevant to the domain and then applying to the IT companies for relevant job position.
    4. Make sure that you upload your resume to the popular job networking websites.
    Which course / certification you should take will be decided solely by the IT domain you prefer. This is extremely important because you don't want to end up in a career you didn't want to be in.
  • Anamika_Anamika
    Anamika_Anamika
    Thx for the infrmtion. But my only apprehension is whether i will be hired in MNCs, Let me be clear that my degree is B.Sc Biotech not engg.
    Which course will help me in getting absorbed in IT companis?
    is it Software Testing or .NET?
    as i am from non-it background & i dont have any exprence in IT, but i am working in teaching profession since 3 years
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Anamika_Anamika
    But my only apprehension is whether i will be hired in MNCs, Let me be clear that my degree is B.Sc Biotech not engg.
    Yes, it's possible.

Anamika_Anamika
    Which course will help me in getting absorbed in IT companis?
    is it Software Testing or .NET?
    A course won't ensure anything. Whether you will get a job depends on several factors like available job openings, your skill-set, your expertise in the domain and so on. It doesn't matter whether you get into .Net or testing. As I said in my earlier reply, you need to decide what domain you will enter.

Anamika_Anamika
    as i am from non-it background & i dont have any exprence in IT, but i am working in teaching profession since 3 years
    Read my earlier response for strategy you can adopt to build your profile.
  • Anamika_Anamika
    Anamika_Anamika
    tnx

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

When and how starting the preparations of gate?
I need some info. A single atom of Carbon has a Mass, Density and Volume at room temperature. How do these change when that Atom is moved to a temperature...
Quote: The growing applications of the Internet of Things (IoT) will rely fundamentally on acquiring data from the world around us. Sensors will be used invariably, gathering information on temperature,...
can u give me a idea how to do an mini project in 3rd yr
Since yesterday did you observe any change in Google logo on your smartphone or while searching anything on Google? In past 17 years, google has changed its skin many a...