Wordpress themes

Hello

I am new to blogging can you tell me what are these wordpress themes
can they be used for my blog
how do i use these themes in my blog?
I have seen them available for download but how will i use it as my blog theme
Is it for free?
are there any security concerns or copyright issues available with these?

Thanks

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Do you have a self-hosted wordpress blog or one with wordpress.com ?
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    same question i want to ask biggie

i have one with wordpress.com can i use that themes?
  • sarveshgupta
    sarveshgupta
    What does a self hosted wordpress blog mean

I know that going on the site of wordpress.com they make you a free blog

I think that it is of type wordpress.com
  • sarveshgupta
    sarveshgupta
    Can I put banner ads on my free wordpress blog? eg s.wordpress.com

It is written that the space is limited to 3gb
    is it so that is if I want to add pictures and videos then how much will it cost to increase the space available?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Ok, here's a quick intro to wordpress & themes :-

1. Wordpress.com: Let's you create & host a free blog on their domain. So you'll have .wordpress.com as your URL address. There aren't many options for the themes and you are limited to using the themes available in the 'themes' section of your wordpress admin panel.

2. Wordpress.org: Lets you download the wordpress software (freely) which you can setup on your host. Since you are fully in control you can tweak it as you want - to use it as CMS or a blog engine. You can install tons of free & paid themes directly through the admin panel. The themes are released under GPL license so you can use them as you want.

I'm not sure whether you can run ads on your blog - but I think it should be possible. Just get your ad/banner code & put it up in the 'text/html' widget in your wordpress blog.

Maybe someone who uses wordpress.com for blog can advice.

Wordpress.com also offers a premium service which lets you use their platform for hosting your host with your own domain - but it's costly as compared to getting your own hosting space & domain together.

I'd always recommend that you should get your own web space and domain so that you are in full control. My personal blog [ #-Link-Snipped-# ] is Wordpress powered ๐Ÿ˜€
  • sarveshgupta
    sarveshgupta
    hey Biggie can you tell how much does it costs you?
  • sarveshgupta
    sarveshgupta
    Can we have a tracker of from where the visitor is coming on our blog?How?

I have seen it on some blog but i donot remember where I have seen it
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I use a subdomain on CE, so, practically no extra-cost ๐Ÿ˜

If you want one for yourself, let me know. I can help you setup one ๐Ÿ˜€

Use Google analytics to track the traffic. Wordpress got lot of plugins to track visits.
  • sarveshgupta
    sarveshgupta
    How much will it cost?
  • sarveshgupta
    sarveshgupta
    Can you tell me some more about hosting and domain space
  • sarveshgupta
    sarveshgupta
    How much does the ce domain costs if you can tell?
  • sarveshgupta
    sarveshgupta
    Do you know if the tracker gadget can be added to blogger blog as it does not provide any such feature to keep a track of visitors or count of the number of hits so far
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    sarveshgupta
    Can you tell me some more about hosting and domain space
    Here you go my friend: #-Link-Snipped-#

sarveshgupta
    How much does the ce domain costs if you can tell?
    The domains aren't very costly. The domain prices are different for .com / .net / .org / etc. Also premium domains are damn too costly. But purchasing a new domain name shouldn't cost you more than about $10/year. It needs to be renewed every year.

sarveshgupta
    Do you know if the tracker gadget can be added to blogger blog as it does not provide any such feature to keep a track of visitors or count of the number of hits so far
    I'm not on blogger or wordpress.com, so no clue. Google Analytics is free and beats every tracker on the planet.
  • sarveshgupta
    sarveshgupta
    thanks

You said you can help me setup a domain
    How ? can you give me details and the charges
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Sure thing. Write to me at admin [at] crazyengineers [dot] com with all the details [proposed domain name, website/blog concept etc.] and let me see how can I help.
  • sarveshgupta
    sarveshgupta
    Thamks a lot
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    @Biggie:

Thanks for the Help..
    i want to make my blog more attractive i have some questions but i will do that after my Exam like Tag and Category issues ๐Ÿ˜› (Silly one) but i really dont know how to use them.

You are really good administrator ๐Ÿ˜€
  • sarveshgupta
    sarveshgupta
    Yes godfather thats for sure
  • blogoof
    blogoof
    First of all wordpress.com don't allow you to insert ads,but for premium service it's providing you.It's always better to create a professional blog with wordpress.org software.My blog #-Link-Snipped-# is powered with wordpress software.It costs around $60 per year.If you want to create your own blog,you may contact me.
  • ramoskahlo
    ramoskahlo
    I am always interested in finding new blogs to read and enjoy. I want to get into blogging for myself, so finding inspiration is always a good thing. I really think if I do it right it could both be a good creative outlet, as well as a money-making project.
    you can refer: #-Link-Snipped-#

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

New York is being appreciated by all and being touted as the biggest hit of 2009 Kambakht Ishq has received very bad reviews..Everyone I have heard is claiming it to...
godfatherIntroduce your self using this Formate https://www.crazyengineers.com/forum...roduce-yourself-template-look-here-first.htmlName:Krishna kumar *Engineering Trade:Electronics and communication Location:near coimbatore *Occupation: Student(3rd year) Work Experience: nil(student) *Hobbies & Interests:surfing ,knowing about latest devices that are in...
I noticed this now, my earlier thread with SAME doubt has been moved to Electrical/ Electronics Section. @Moderator, you may delete this thread.
How can we make onine html editor What knowledge do we need for that In which lanuage it is coded
Hi guys I'm doing this project of harvesting electricity from vibrations using piezo ceramics... and for this i need the input vibrations to be as close to the natural frequency...