With The N1 Android Lollipop Tablet Nokia Delivers The Surprise of The Year

Just a few days ago, we mourned the death of the Nokia brand name as its adoptive parents Microsoft christened their With Microsoft Lumia 535 The Nokia Brand Name Is Put To Rest without using the iconic Finnish brand name. Today however Nokia, by themselves, gave their fans the most pleasant surprise by announcing the existence of the Nokia N1 Android tablet. When Microsoft - Nokia Acquisition : Is It The Game Plan To Fight Apple & Google? business in early 2014 it prohibited the company from making smartphones or handsets for 30 months, up to January 2016, but that deal said nothing about tablets or other devices so that freed Nokia to cook up its own concoction. Nokia showcased the N1 tablet at the Slush conference in Helsinki.

Nokia N1 3
Nokia N1 2 Nokia N1 1 Nokia N1 4 Nokia N1 5 Nokia N1 6 Nokia N1 7 Nokia N1 8

As you can see from the product images above, the Nokia N1 tablet resembles the Apple iPad mini. The body of the tablet is made out of anodised aluminium. The Nokia N1 tablet sports a 7.9 inch IPS panel LED backlit display of QXGA (2048x1536 pixels) resolution that is protected by Gorilla Glass 3. Underneath the hood we find a 2.3 GHz Intel Z3580 64-bit Atom Processor, 2GB of 800 MHz LPDDR3 RAM and a 533 MHz PowerVR G6430 GPU that runs Android 5.0 (Lollipop) topped up with Nokia Z launcher. The N1 will have an internal memory of 32GB and there is no provision of expanding that storage as it misses a microSD card slot.

The Nokia N1 tablet is equipped with an 8MP sensor on the rear and a 5MP sensor on the front. For some inexplicable reason Nokia has left out a LED flash. Just like the iPad mini we find two speakers on the bottom with a Micro-USB 2.0 port with a USB Type C Connector : 10 Gbps, Slimmer & Reversible. In terms of connectivity we have got Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 4.0. There is no mention of GPS either. The tablet is powered by an 18.5Wh (5300mAh) rechargeable lithium polymer battery. The Nokia N1 Android tablet will be sold in Wi-Fi only connectivity variants and Natural Aluminium or Lava Gray colour variants in China beginning Q1 2015 for 249 USD (15,362 INR).

So is it “better late than never” or “too little too late” for Nokia with the N1 tablet? Please post your answers in the comment section below.

Source: #-Link-Snipped-#, #-Link-Snipped-# Via: After Divorcing Microsoft, Nokia Reveals The N1, An Android Tablet Hitting China First • TechCrunch

Replies

• Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Specs looks definitely decent and their reputation in phone world could boost their sales.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    I hope this soon arrives in local stores. Would love to do a hands-on review.
  • Gollapinni Karthik Sharma
    Gollapinni Karthik Sharma
    Ankita Katdare
    I hope this soon arrives in local stores. Would love to do a hands-on review.
    The sad part is it will be released in China first and then later depending on demand in European Market and then to other parts of the world.

But I still doubt the battery. Would 5300 be enough is what I am concerned about. As its Nokia I have hope that battery will not die soon, but still fingers crossed on that point.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

So, I was reading that most of the college teachers love to ask this question in the exams: If x=1 and y = 2, then what will be the output...
I might be late to the party, but just stumbled upon the following wired broadband (FTTH, I guess) plans being offered by Tata Docomo folks. Compared to what we pay...
The electronic mail seems to be the problem that remains unsolved; and IBM's taking a fresh look at the problem with a new email client, called IBM Verse. Email can...
Google's just announced the availability of Google Chrome V. 39.0.2171.65 for OSX - the stable version of Chrome that adds 64-bit support. The latest version, which should have been installed...
Read an interesting story of some guy on Quora, this is all about his journey to get selected in Google The journey: Summer 2013: Started to revise the course Data...