With Google Indoor Maps, You Can Never Get Lost, Anywhere!

Well, the all #-Link-Snipped-# upgraded Google's free digital mapping services will now cover the insides of big well known shops and airports. This feature admits the directions inside the stores, malls, airports and other transportation areas in the United States and Japan.

#-Link-Snipped-#
Tom Hanks in The Terminal. Only If He had Google Maps Indoors!

For now, the maps have covered just a small division of the indoors, but Google believes that more owners will come up and submit their indoor floor plans, so that even they can be mapped out. For the time being, Google's indoor maps can be accessed on smartphones and tablet computers powered by the Android software. Keeping the statistics in mind, that seems to be a pretty great cut, as there are more than 550,000 Android-powered devices activated every day, and Google maps are even compatible with the 2009 released Android. This seems as if Google wants to get their users hooked to their smartphone devices, so that the company could trade more advertisements about its products to the active users.

Google refrained from explaining why the feature functionsonly on Android devices. Also, they haven't mentioned if these maps will be made acessible to the people using the iPads or the iPhones, or even those using other laptops and desktop computers. Present Google Maps already gives out elaborated driving, walking and even biking ways on city streets and highways all around the world. I'm looking forward to the day when my kid picks up the phone, accesses Google Maps Indoors, and finds his own way to the bathroom whenever he feels like peeing without actually disturbing my sleep. Let's see if Google's listening.

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

People have been religiously waiting for the launch of Samsung Galaxy Nexus due to be on shelves by December 2011. But it appears that even before its launch Samsung has...
In science, the type of light used is more often ultraviolet, infrared or the X-rays. However it was somehow difficult to produce an ultraviolet light i.e. light of shorter wavelength....
The funniest things are the forbidden. Yes, starting this article with one of Mark Twain's quotes is just a way of paying my tribute to him. And I'm not the...
Today's cars are no more about travelling alone. With the increasing digitization and computerization, Ford vehicles are also getting advanced and giving you an utmost of the travelling experience with...
After almost all companies having their individual turns in the market, now Motorola is out with its 720p HD native resolution display smartphone: Dinara XT928. This model makes use of...