Wireless Robot For Coal Mines Based On Mixed Signal Processor (MSP430)

Project Abstract / Summary : Abstract— Coal mining has various fatal factors which menace the people. After a coal mine disaster the situation inside the tunnel is very dangerous as well as situation inside the tunnel is not known to the rescuers. Entering into a mine without knowing the exact situation is dangerous as the chances of second explosion is high as well as the disaster results in increased level of harmful gases like CO,CO2,decreased O2 level and high temperature. Many rescuers are killed by this increased level of harmful gases and second explosion. Detecting this situation inside the tunnel is main objective of this paper. The robot can go into the explosive environment with autonomous obstacle avoidance system. The sensors Senses the harmful gases such as CO, CO2, Methane, temperature and transmits the data through wireless module. A coal mine robot can move into the mine and detect the level of different toxic gases and temperature level and send the result to the control room. At present, rescue robot using 8052 microcontroller senses the harmful gases & temperature condition in the mine and transmit the data via zigbee wireless technology. In the proposed method, the data can be transmitted through MSP430 based long range wireless module(CC1120) and the controller used for this project is MSP430.The coal mining rescue robot having ultralow power consumption and compact in size.

Keywords—Mixed signal processor 430; sensors; wireless module;

Why did you choose to work on this project topic : Coal mine accidents mostly happen due to the presence of toxic and combustible gases inside the tunnel. As earlier the miners used safety lamp and pellistor for detecting toxic gases in the tunnel. Nowadays due to the technological detect the toxic gases such as MQ2, MQ4 etc. Thousands of miners die from mining accidents each year, so it is necessary to avoid the tunnel accidents and also detect the toxic gases in the tunnel.This proposed paper described about the mining robot with autonomous obstacle avoidance system. This robot uses MQ2 and MQ4 sensor for detecting toxic gas content in the tunnel. Heart of the robot is microcontroller (MSP 430) and the level of different toxic gas content can be transmitted through MSP430 based long range wireless module (CC1120). This proposed robot has the features of I) ultra low power consumption II) long range data transmission III) Easy data transmission compared to other wireless technology. This is an alternative method for zigbee wireless robot. This robot has an additional fatures of temperature sensor itself.

Project Category : Electrical / Electronics / Communication
------------------------------------------------------
Institute/College Name: Knowledge institute of technology
City: salem
State: Tamilnadu
Participating Team From: Final Year

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Project Abstract / Summary : An industry plays a vital role for the development of a Nation. Normally from industry considerable amount of waste will be generated and dumped into...
Project Abstract / Summary : This project is to design and develop a wireless digital notice board using Arduino GSM modem.The project is based on Arduino with GSM Shield for...
Project Abstract / Summary : DESIGN AND DEVELOPMENT OF AMPHIBIOUS SURVEILLANCE VEHICLE B. Dhivakar, S. Dinesh Kumar. Department of Production Technology, Madras Institute of Technology, Chennai. Project Mentor: Dr. R....
Project Abstract / Summary : In Today fastest life, it is difficult for people to be constantly available for their near ones who might need them while they are suffering...
Project Abstract / Summary : Energy, as we know is today’s greatest need as most of our activities is depended on some kind of energy. Energy is classified in two...