Wine 1.7.12 Brings Windows Media Player Interface Support

WineHQ team has announced the new development release version 1.7.12 with Windows Media Player interface support & 89 total bug-fixes. Along with the inclusion of Windows Media Player interface support, the new development version also includes many bug-fixing updates that include - more task scheduler support, Windows 8 API set support, C++ run-time fixes & the fix for problems which were encountered in applications like Capitalism II, Photoshop CS4, Eve-Online, Ubisoft game launcher, Counter Strike : Source, Multi Theft Auto (MTA) 1.3, A Strange Dream, Dracula 4, Divinity II, League Of Legends and 79 more.

slide

Thanks to the WineHQ developers for excellent work of Pipelight in Launchpad which allow users to produce the content in Microsoft Silverlight directly from opensource browsers like Midori, Firefox & Chromium; helping users to view Netflix & Maxdome videos in Linux web browsers. Unfortunately, the latest development release didn't merged the patch-set for Command Stream Update, which comes with dynamic surface maps support that can be helpful to most popular game World Of Warcraft and many other games running on top of Wine.

WineHQ is an opensource project, which helps Linux users to install & run Windows application natively on Linux based distributions. For detailed information regarding latest changes in Wine development stack, read the WineHQ - Wine Announcement - The Wine development release 1.7.12 is now available..

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I came to know about this concept through the 2012 Movie - The Ship of Theseus. Directed by Anand Gandhi, the film makes you ask questions about identity, justice, beauty,...
KDE Development team is currently working on improving the on-desktop search functionality, Nepomuk; which will be included in the upcoming KDE releases. The iteration of Networked Environment for Personalized Ontology-based...
First of all happy new year to all my sweet and intelligent friends of cean. Now i came to the topic that is the car infotenment system as i know...
I am bit confused as lack of proper knowledge. I have ended yup between two institutes and their courses. Seed Infotech guides me to become software tester to enter IT...
As engineers, the base of everything we do is science. Engineering itself is application of science and the laws that have been proven to work in any given frame of...