Windows Blue Update Coming Soon. Da Ba Dee Windows 8.

Windows fans, there's a reason to rejoice. Windows has confirmed the launch of the much-anticipated update to Windows 8 for later this year under the codename - 'Windows Blue'. Just now, when Windows 8 has reached the sales mark of 100 million, the news of the Windows Blue's launch is a welcome refreshment. Windows 8, the OS designed for the touch-devices, that couldn't make too big a room in the tablet segment owing to the over-powering dominance of Apple's iPad and Samsung's tablets, is now up for a lot of updates. When it first came, the customers were a bit confused when they saw the all-new tiled based start screen and their top favorite 'start' button went missing.

While Tami Reller, co-head of Microsoft's Windows unit at the company's Redmond, Washington headquarters, did not say what the update will feature, it was revealed that Microsoft would be paying a lot of attention to help customers adapt, a move that should've been taken with the launch of Windows 8 itself.

slide

So this time, making the tweaks to Windows 8, Microsoft will make the OS more compatible with smaller form-factored tablets (7 & 8 inch segment) and make itself a worthwhile opponent to the likes of iPad Mini, Nexus 7 and Kindle Fire. So now, you have all reasons to be looking forward to Windows Blue, which is stated to be available on both Intel as well as ARM-based PCs and tablet, because we will have the details about its price, packaging and go-to-market in the next couple of weeks, that is way ahead of Computex Taipei, Microsoft TechEd and Microsoft Build 2013 shows, all happening in June.

To quote Reller's exact words, "Blue advances the Windows 8 vision. It's all about mobile, touch, apps, the new dev platform and a highly personalized personal experience." We are eager to know more. What about you? Share with us in comments.

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi I am Geetam Bharadwaj. I am from Electronics and Telecommuication Branch. Presently I am working in Robotics and Automation field. I am with you to gather more knowledge and...
Air coolers typically use the electric induction motor. Let's discuss the advantages and disadvantages of these motors.
Hello, I just have a question what does practically happen when we delete some files. It creates us the space but where does the deleted file vanishes.
CE Weekend Discussion was conducted online on CE on last Saturday between 3-4 PM. The turnout was low because many CEans thought it'd be on Sunday. The topic of the...
This debate is scheduled on Sunday, May 12, 2013 between 3-4 PM (IST). The thread will remain closed until the scheduled time. Please read announcement for the details.