Windows 8 & Linux Dual boot problems ? (Troll this thread)

After release of Windows 8, most people complained about dual boot difficulties with Windows 8 & Linux OS.
Well there is shortlist of Linux OS which will dual boot with Windows 8.

- SABAYON : Sabayon now supports UEFI Secure boot.Microsoft recently signed the Shim,so you've to manually install the key once you boot.

- FEDORA 18 SPHERICAL COW : Fedora 18 64-bit version contains Microsoft signed shim,also containing additional EFI supports.Also due to fix in new kernel the Radeon graphics are also quite compatible with new Fedora.

- UBUNTU 12.10 : Alike Fedora18, Ubuntu 12.10 64-bit version contains Microsoft signed shim, so latest Fedora & Ubuntu distro users might not face any trouble in dual-booting with Windows 8.

Download link of Shim : #-Link-Snipped-#
Well, the list is very small ain't it ? Because no other Linux distros are supporting UEFI Boot at this moment.

By the way, Microsoft is killing the desktop - Once you install 8, it's pathetically tough to assign bootloader.

My thought : Throw Windows - Use Penguin (Tux) [Screw dual-boot]

👍

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Everyone once in life gets trolled. Apple Store in Germany gets trolled too 😛
Like I've said before too - Microsoft is good in marketing (They're god-like in marketing,no doubt) but when it comes to their work - they terribly suck! Not only that,just...
Opera Software, the company behind the most popular web browser for Android & iOS will be launching newly designed browser that will be running on Webkit is named as Opera...
Hay guys, Gate 2014 is to be revised to accommodate exponentially growing exam takers. Refer below link https://gate.examsavvy.com/2013/01/gate-no-more-an-engineering-test.html Comments please....
I was informed yesterday (may not be a news to everyone) that the PSUs in India won't be able to recruit directly from the campus; but have been forced to...