Windows 7 services stopping automatically in PC . Need help!!

My computer is having a strange problem. It has Windows 7 64 bit, and everything was working fine till yesterday.
I have two accounts : one Admin account and other Standard User account, today I logged in Standard user account and display driver stopped working , I restarted computer and tried to login to the Standard user account when I got a message like this:
"System event Notification service stopped, cannot log in , contact system Administrator"
I logged in Admin account, enabled the service, logged of admin and tried to log in again,

Now problem is every time I try to log in, one new service stops and hence does not allow me to log in to Standard User account, Moreover, In Admin account also the display driver (and many other services not working).

Has anybody have any idea how to stop this, please help!!
It feels like my OS is dying a Natural Death (pun intended), I hate formatting the OS so would be glad if somebody knows any cure!

ps :
-Rahul69

Replies

• Neeraj Sharma
    Neeraj Sharma
    Have you tried updating your drivers?
  • Keerthivasan Ravisankar
    Keerthivasan Ravisankar
    Just do System restore from your windows search box "Create a restore point"
  • rahul69
    rahul69
    Thanks for helping πŸ˜€!

Nick_Sharma
    Have you tried updating your drivers?
    Already tried it, but nothing changed...

rkvasan68
    Just do System restore from your windows search box "Create a restore point"
    I think that I must be having a restore point already to revert to that, in order to do System Restore, but I haven't made any in the past. If I am wrong, please elaborate on how to go about it.
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    rahul69
    Thanks for helping πŸ˜€!

Already tried it, but nothing changed...

I think that I must be having a restore point already to revert to that, in order to do System Restore, but I haven't made any in the past. If I am wrong, please elaborate on how to go about it.
    Bro, try to run the Repair Computer option from boot. Refer to this link:

Just a moment...

If you have time, it would also be useful to view the Event logs of your system and find the time when this error occurred. You can find out the causes of the error, if its due to applications or drivers, etc.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I searched the error online but it didn't take me anywhere. The best way to fix these system related errors is to run Windows repair tool when the system boots. If you need exact steps let me know.
    Keerthivasan Ravisankar
    rahul69
    Thanks for helping πŸ˜€!
    If I am wrong, please elaborate on how to go about it.
    The thing is if your computer or laptop running 'Windows 7' the OS itself will have some self restore points which can be accessed by the users. It, the OS will set a restore point when
    1. A Windows update is done either automatically or manually, OR
    2. A software is installed that makes some changes in the OS like installing or uninstalling an antivirus(genuine), Tuneup utilities,.etc these kind of process.

To do a System restore.
    Follow Pictorial Steps:
    Press Winkey(Windows) β†’ Create a restore point(Type in search box)
    Picture1 β†’ Click the program(Create a restore point)

Picture2 β†’ System protection β†’ System restore

Picture3 β†’ Next

Picture4 β†’ Click Check box 'Show more restore points'

Picture5 β†’ Pick one restore point
    (The date your computer WAS PERFECTLY WORKING)

Make your decision confident and firm
    Picture6 β†’ Next

Picture7 β†’ Click Finish.

Then the system itself makes the perfect restore session within few minutes. It does not take away any of your files but your programs that was installed after the date of restore point.
    Keerthivasan Ravisankar
    rkvasan68
    The thing is if your computer or laptop running 'Windows 7' ..........................................................
    ........................................Then the system itself makes the perfect restore session within few minutes. It does not take away any of your files but your programs that was installed after the date of restore point.

Forgot to mention act according to the steps given by your computer while doing this process.
  • rahul69
    rahul69
    Well, tried the steps #-Link-Snipped-# told, but the repair failed πŸ˜”, could not try the steps told by #-Link-Snipped-# as my desktop was deleted 😲 (seriously, message came as "C:\user\..\Desktop has been shifted to another location"), then I guessed it was the doing of some virus 😑, went for formatting and reinstall πŸ‘Ž.
    But now it is working fine β˜•. Thnx everybody for help!!πŸ‘
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Virus! ah! 😁
  • rahul69
    rahul69
    Abhishek Rawal
    Virus! ah! 😁
    Ye linux user laughing on me 😲 , see on the bright side my PC running faster than before πŸ˜›, and don't go on to start a debate here πŸ˜‰ 😁.
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    rahul69
    Ye linux user laughing on me 😲 , see on the bright side my PC running faster than before πŸ˜›, and don't go on to start a debate here πŸ˜‰ 😁.
    Ah! Fast Windows 😁 πŸ˜›
    Keerthivasan Ravisankar
    rahul69
    Well, tried the steps #-Link-Snipped-# told, but the repair failed πŸ˜”, could not try the steps told by #-Link-Snipped-# as my desktop was deleted 😲 (seriously, message came as "C:\user\..\Desktop has been shifted to another location"), then I guessed it was the doing of some virus 😑, went for formatting and reinstall πŸ‘Ž.
    But now it is working fine β˜•. Thnx everybody for help!!πŸ‘
    Sorry for that..
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    rahul69
    Repair failed? What error came out? I wonder logging in to safe mode and performing a scan would have made the difference? Interesting virus.. β˜•

Have you partitioned your hard disk separately at the moment? e.g C & D drives.
    Keerthivasan Ravisankar
    ash
    Repair failed? What error came out? I wonder logging in to safe mode and performing a scan would have made the difference? Interesting virus.. β˜•

For that just install Kaspersky Internet Security from a gadget store or online purchase and run a vulnerable scan to remove that Program eater😲
  • rahul69
    rahul69
    ash

The error came along the lines of "Windows Repair failed" and then in a moment PC rebooted,and yes I had partitioned the hard disk in C and D, but after the repair failed, I formatted whole system and repartitioned my hard disk and installed fresh OS.
    rkvasan68
    For that just install Kaspersky Internet Security from a gadget store or online purchase and run a vulnerable scan to remove that Program eater😲
    Well now my system is working fine, anyways thanks for info!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

sir,i am studying final B.E in EEE department....i am very willing to do the project of getting electricity from buses..please instruct me sir
Volvo designed the most autonomous car, which can park on its own and some times can drive itself. It has also been equipped to detect the Pedestrians , animals ,...
It may look like a toy on the first look.But I don't think you can handle the surprise that this little fellow have.It can produce a mind blowing 248mph(400km/h) with...
Developers at LXDE are developing QT based LXDE. Recently in the latest blog posted by PCMan, the lead of LXDE Project itself has shown a preview screenshot of LXDE-QT. ​...
Most of the folks working at offices are prone to doing unwanted mistakes at times. Sometimes these mistakes are so grave that it could cost them their job. Today one...