Will the machines kill us eventually?

I'm not sure if my printer already is intelligent enough to know that when I need it urgently it refuses to work. I've a strong belief that the machines already are more intelligent than us and are just playing it dumb so that we won't act until it's TOO late. I also firmly believe that the machines will become self thinking, turn bad and kill the humans one day. It won't be a war, like in hollywood movies between humans and machines, but the machines will be so smart that we won't know what they've been doing to us.

Do you think machines will kill humans eventually? Or do you strongly believe in human intelligence that machines will ALWAYS be under our control?

Replies

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Do you think machines will kill humans eventually?
    As of now (and for the near future) consciousness seems confined to living beings and highest (as known today) in humans. If machines develop consciousness we had it.
  • pratap singh, upendra
    pratap singh, upendra
    Artificial Intelligence has contributed in almost all spheres of human life. It has made things easier and comfortable to those who crave easiness and comfort. Now most the modern appliances that we use are studded with artificial intelligence. So there is no doubt that artificial intelligence is a wonderful area for research and technology alike.

But then, there are numerous aspects that artificial intelligence cannot control or even touch upon. Though we have machine learning supporting artificial intelligence, yet there comes a point when it just falters or becomes 'mischievous' in context to what we actually expect out of it. Take for example, the self driven car. It works well on US streets but then when same car is made to run down the terrain, it behaves almost in an unpredictable way. The same goes for electronic appliances that we use in our daily lives.

Artificial intelligence may work 90% of the time but then there is always a limit to its reliability. On the other hand, human brain is the ultimate sophistication present in nature and I am sure that this cannot be mimicked despite the advancements taking place in machine learning and artificial intelligence.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

OnePlus and Xiaomi were the two top Chinese mobile companies that grabbed most tech-headlines in 2014. OnePlus One received a lot of love from the tech community, even with their...
This summer Bajaj Auto has a real treat for bike lovers. If you have been patiently saving up for Bajaj's new Pulsar, the wait ends here. The new motorcycle Bajaj...
A new software known as 'OncoCollect' has been designed and developed by Mr. Ramesh Nimmagadda, Director of Medical Oncology at Apollo Hospitals. The name for the software comes from 'Oncology'...
I want I.S. 4745-1968. If anybody have mail me
Though I am not getting time lately to engage with the community, I thought to put some hints and suggestions for students who are making their videos 1) First write...