Will i get a job based on my percentage?

Well , I'm a 1st year student studying in bangalore. i have secured 89.12% in 10th and 69% in 12th. I have managed to get into a good engineering college(IT branch) that has quite decent and above average placements. MY main motto is to get a cool job after my graduation FROM campus. Though people say that i can get job with the 12th percentage i secure!. But for some reasons i cant get my mind straighten whether or not will i get a job based on my 12th marks, i do posses good communication and presentation skills and can perform them without any hitch in my mind. So will i get a job assuming that i do well in my engineering?

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    sahil angra
    MY main motto is to get a cool job after my graduation FROM campus.
    Welcome to CrazyEngineers, #-Link-Snipped-# . I hope you will enjoy CE and get all the help here.

You are in the first year of engineering and frankly speaking, it's just TOO early to start 'worrying' or even thinking about jobs. At this point, all you should be thinking is how can you be the most awesome IT engineer your college has ever produced. Rest assured, your 12th marks won't matter much.

Also, there's no point in thinking about stuff you can't change. Make up for all your worries by building up very strong coding/programming skills that will make any company want to hire you. No one can tell what criteria will companies have 3-4 years down the line; therefore it's just complete waste of your own energy to worry what will happen in future.

Good communication skills and presentations skills will definitely help in getting your job; but you must keep improving what you are extremely good at. Be regular here on CE, and I'm sure you will build all the skills you aim to.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hello sir/ma'am, I am pursuing b.tech in electronics and instrumentation from UPTU (MIT). Recently I am in the fifth sem and i scored 73% in second year. I have completed...
He calls it India's Startup Party. Nikesh Arora is an Electrical Engineer from IIT BHU (Varanasi) of the batch of 1989. He also holds a degree from Boston College and...
Working with foreign clients? Travelling solo to a new country? Translator apps are a big boon. While Google Translate has been dominating for years for any of your translation needs,...
I always have mentioned that, just because an OS has major market share in desktop, it ain't good. It's just million people are stupid as fuck. And, I will keep...
Born and brought up in Bangalore, Srinath Sudarshan hails from a middle class family with no business background. He has completed his graduation in automobile engineering from Malnad College of...