Will anyone make this spring driven personal electricity generator?

I made this clock charging a battery.

My country ( Canada/ North America) is completely incapable of manufacturing anything , I saw this
A Personal Electricity Generator - Cyclus
I don't think it is for sale.

Can anyone in the world make this piece professionally?
This product is very important and definitely needs to be put on the market.
Someone please make this product professionally so I can buy or sell it.

Replies

• james matheson
    james matheson
    I made a clock charge a battery a few years back

- YouTube

I found a Japanese inventor made a model of his own

Cyclus Step2 on Behance

I cant find anyone in Canada who will make my piece professionally

Can anyone in the world make this piece so I can sell it in Canada
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Hi #-Link-Snipped-# Welcome to CrazyEngineers.

The news you are pointing at is quite old. Satoshi Yanagisawa, who designed it, is a product/industrial designer. It was just in his imagination I guess.
    But I agree with you that the concept is quite brilliant.

The name of this project is “Cyclus” - a spring driven personal electricity generator.

It is a hand held device, whose bottom when twisted, provides 30 minutes of energy via the inner located spring via “rotation energy.” T

The energy generated is enough to drive the DC motor to produce energy approximately equal to 6.6V 3W.

Here's a diagram:

cyclus_01

Tagging #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# to invite them to this conversation.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    There are many hand cranked devices in the market. I had a squeeze operated flash light more than sixty years back. The unit sits in the hand. One just keeps squeezing the lever that sits under the thumb and the bulb at the front will light up.
    This one requires cranking:
    Hand Crank Generator – Hand Powered Generator – Hand Crank Charger
  • james matheson
    james matheson
    Ankita Katdare
    Hi #-Link-Snipped-# Welcome to CrazyEngineers.

The news you are pointing at is quite old. Satoshi Yanagisawa, who designed it, is a product/industrial designer. It was just in his imagination I guess.
    But I agree with you that the concept is quite brilliant.

The name of this project is “Cyclus” - a spring driven personal electricity generator.

It is a hand held device, whose bottom when twisted, provides 30 minutes of energy via the inner located spring via “rotation energy.” T

The energy generated is enough to drive the DC motor to produce energy approximately equal to 6.6V 3W.

Here's a diagram:

cyclus_01

Tagging #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# to invite them to this conversation.
    I am a little confused , it is this with a maxon geared motor and a spring on the bottom( because a geared motor works on 20rpm his motor would have to be geared down) Uniform and scalable reduction gear (1:256) by mattheus - Thingiverse
  • james matheson
    james matheson
    a
    A.V.Ramani
    There are many hand cranked devices in the market. I had a squeeze operated flash light more than sixty years back. The unit sits in the hand. One just keeps squeezing the lever that sits under the thumb and the bulb at the front will light up.
    This one requires cranking:
    Hand Crank Generator – Hand Powered Generator – Hand Crank Charger[/QU

a hand crank makes no sense if i can put a spring on the bottom,
  • Shashank Moghe
    Shashank Moghe
    Let me get this clear, is the discussion about - Why is no one manufacturing this?
  • james matheson
    james matheson
    yes , my problem is I suffered a disability that makes it that I require to have my cellphone operational , many people have said I don't deserve to have my cellphone ready when I need it, and it has caused me to become homeless because of my disability ( I can give you full info but mostly) I need this
    Thingiverse - Digital Designs for Physical Objects
    with a maxon geared motor with a spring on the bottom
    I need it , it is the only way I can safely go into regions with the condtions I suffered, I am so sorry I have a disability, I can feel more shame for having to ask someone to make this for me
  • james matheson
    james matheson
    again I am sorry I have a disability that prevents me, I have no other option
  • james matheson
    james matheson
    I made a clock make electricity

- YouTube

it can charge a cellphone and small devices

my piece is unprofessional and I need the piece made professionally

if I am lucky I will mass produce the product and sell it

either way we need a clock that makes electricity

the clock I made charges a cellphone

I made a clock produce electricity

it was 2 gears added to the main spring of a clock attached to a maxon geared

motor, I could have used a $1 motor but then I would have to gear it down

I made a clock produce electricity

because I did this now I am homeless

I wrote the book " the man who became homeless to give the world clock powered electricity"

and they didn't publish my book

I hope someone makes the piece I show you professionally

I need a light when I am sleeping outside at night ( I can only hand crank for so long)

I hope someone makes this piece professionally , I am only good with glue and tape

and even glue and tape I lag in

all the best to everyone
  • [Prototype]
    [Prototype]
    I doubt it can charge cell phones.

Anyway, I would like to reiterate the law of conservation of energy here. "Energy can neither be created, nor be destroyed. It can be only converted from one form to another". What you're doing is nothing new and I am sorry to say, it cannot be done on a large scale. That small spring is incapable of storing any meaningful amount of energy.
    You'll need some really big clock with gigantic spring. But then, how will you wind the spring?
  • james matheson
    james matheson
    [Prototype]
    I doubt it can charge cell phones.

Anyway, I would like to reiterate the law of conservation of energy here. "Energy can neither be created, nor be destroyed. It can be only converted from one form to another". What you're doing is nothing new and I am sorry to say, it cannot be done on a large scale. That small spring is incapable of storing any meaningful amount of energy.
    You'll need some really big clock with gigantic spring. But then, how will you wind the spring?
    many have quoted and none have agreed which is why I am a genius and when your ready to argue you need to write : Cyclus Step2 on Behance and argue with him, Im tired of debating with you, its pointless
  • james matheson
    james matheson
    I made a clock produce electricity it was really simple ( with the help of a mechanic only because I am not good at aligning gears to make it look professional)
    I showed a group who claimed they wanted renewable energy
    They stole my piece , and lots of stuff happened , so much I wrote a book about it.
    I offered $5000 to make my piece professionally and all I got was insults
    if any one want to make the piece professionally I know it is needed
    Here is one that I made that was stolen
    #-Link-Snipped-#v=ZX34d7zC9SQ&feature=youtu.be
    It is a clock main spring with 2 small gears attached to a maxon geared motor
    I could have used a $1 motor but I would have the gear the motor down
    I know everyone needs to charge their cellphone, cameras, batteries etc
    this works without sun and can charge a solar panel
    I hope someone is interested it is very simple
    the last person complained a spring doesn't have force which makes no sense
    I can get a spring that can catapult a 200 pound stone in the air
    it is simple I hope someone does doing this alone is annoying

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

*State of the Art - Novel InFlow Tech - Featured Project Development; 1-Gearturbine, 2-Imploturbocompressor Imagen Gallery at Behance: https://www.behance.net/gearturbina61a --------------------------------------- 1-GEARTURBINE PROJECT Rotary-Turbo-InFlow Tech Atypical InFlow Thermodynamic Technology Proposal Submission...
The grand appearance of the world's thinnest tablet in India has put Dell back on the radar. The company has launched the Dell Venue 8 (7000 series) tablet in India...
Snapchat app has been a popular instant messaging service next only to WhatsApp, Viber, WeChat and LINE on a global scale. The app that became popular for snapping and sharing...
Many first time Twitter users are initially clueless about how the system of tweeting, replying or direct messaging works, but playing around the app for some time makes you familiar...
Need to test IOS application for 5 different languages. Please suggest if this can be done with "Instruments" tool.