why we connect voltmeter in parallel with series connection of diode and ammeter for reverse biasing

can anyone help me know that why we connect voltmeter in parallel with series connection of diode and ammeter for reverse biasing

Replies

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Not clear. Can you post a sketch?
  • SREENIDHI THACHOLI
    SREENIDHI THACHOLI
    A.V.Ramani
    Not clear. Can you post a sketch?
  • lal
    lal
    Question: What are the significance of readings you get from those metres in the mentioned configurations? Or what do the readings mean?
  • SREENIDHI THACHOLI
    SREENIDHI THACHOLI
    lal
    Question: What are the significance of readings you get from those metres in the mentioned configurations? Or what do the readings mean?
    Sir my question was based on the lab experiment that i did last day.we were instructed to plot the voltage vs current characteristics of p-n junction diode for both forward and reverse biasing.the circuit connection is different in reverse biasing not in terms of the diode but in terms of the connection of voltmeter which is in parallel with a series connection of the diode and ammeter .this in contrary to the connection of voltmeter in forward biasing which is connected in parallel across the diode only.
    And Iam so sorry that i have got the answer and it explains that because in reverse bias the value of current is in the order of microamperes .so if we connect the ammeter in parallel across the diode only the current read by the ammeter will be even small because there will be division of current in parallel circuit.And a lot lot of thanks for responding to my simple question.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Sir/madam, i'm completed B.E civil engineering and i'm looking forward for studing land survey course plz....suggest me that my decision is correct or not or else suggest any ideas...i felt...
Hi I'm working on a project to find out if a smartphone of any make can be modified to precisely locate its position in easting and northing coordinates, to within...
Hello, I completed Mechanical Engineering in 2016 and I was not familiar with the Mechanical engineering concepts as I feel it's boring. So after completing my degree, I started Core...
Currently, we are in a science-based society where technology has distributed its tentacles in various sectors including defense and security. A group of Scientists from Moscow Institute of Physics and...
In what could prove to be a real breakthrough for impoverished regions around the world, scientists from Stanford University have proposed an accurate way to identify poverty in areas previously...