why transformer core never behave like as a magnet?

In transformer, a coil is wound on core and primary coil is connected to power supply.
According to physics:- when we wound conducting wire (copper) on any magnetic material in the form of coil, and then the terminals of coil is connected to power supply.
Then material behave like a magnet.
Same case happen in transformer, then
why transformer core never work like as magnet?

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi, I am planning to write a book on R programming. Can anyone help me with different areas (class of functions) offered by R so that I can organize my...
I wish to have knowledge of chemical process engg. I am a Mechanical engg. Please advice me good reference books for Heat transfer, Mass Transfer and Flow balance.
Hi, As u mentioned above I too faced the difficulties which a fresher faces. I was put into a project which had just started then, for the first 3 months...
Curious to know what are the websites that do not have a good UI (user interface); yet people use it because there is no alternative? I personally do not like...
Lenovo has changed loyalties with its e-commerce partners Amazon India and tied up with Flipkart to launch its new smartphone, the Lenovo Vibe K5 Note in India. The Lenovo Vibe...