Why the alphabets in keyboard not n order A-Z??

Here I am with one more question!!!

I remember when I just started to work on PC and when I have to search for each and every alphabet for writing a single word...It took nearly 5minz to type a single line...wooh!!...I used to think why the alphabets are not in the order A-Z...But now when I don't even look towards ma keyboard while writing, the question is still in my mind...Is there any specific reason for the order of the alphabets on the keyboard??

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    my try -

Basics:

The layout which we use these days is the QWERTY layout. Note that these are the first six letters of the first alphabet row on your keyboard.

QWERTY layout was developed to place the most commonly used alphabet combinations together. For example, keys 'E' & 'R' appear next to each other which can be easily pressed by using the index & middle finger of your left hand. This helps users to 'touch type'.

There are other types of keyboard layouts too. Dvorak layout is also a popular layout.

Fun Fact:
    The word typewriter can be typed entirely using the top row of the QWERTY keyboard !

-The Big K-
  • rick
    rick
    We had a Dvorak typewriter in our computer lab and I have used it once. I knew the QWERTY layout but did not know that the word actually consists of first six alphabets of the first row ๐Ÿ˜› ! Thank you biggie!

Yes, it is true that the QWERTY layout puts the frequently used keys together. It helps in building typing speed too.

It took nearly 5minz to type a single line...wooh!!...
    Read biggi's Typing tips ๐Ÿ˜ .
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    lol

lol ๐Ÿ˜ thanks rick.

Off topic comment: Welcome to nginx! is good website to test your typing skills. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Btw, recently I saw the split keyboard in few ads. Although the layout remains the same -QWERTY , it think its really easy & comfortable to use.

-The Big K-
  • praveen
    praveen
    Hi crazy engineers thank u for telling that there r some other type of key board layouts bcz i know only QWERTY layout
  • praveen
    praveen
    request

Hi CEans is the following branches are suitable for girls who r going to join in engineering
    1.Textile engineering
    2.food processing engineering
    3.Mechanical and marine engineering
    4.Mining engineering

Edit (The_Big_K): This thread is obviously not the place to put such information. The Best place would be Chillax: Chit Chat or 'Help Me'; if you are offering some help.
  • integratdbrains
    integratdbrains
    Hello pravin.

It seems that for whoever u r trying to get the admission is very dear to you.But plz don't follow the generalised laws or rules cause those are very misguiding. Instead follow her aptitude and her interests,i think career counseling should help. Believe me interest is more important than anything. And plz come out of the misconception that she is a girl so u have to be very careful.Its only her abilities and belief in herself which will make her successful in any career.๐Ÿ˜€
  • Neha
    Neha
    The_Big_K
    Basics:

The layout which we use these days is the QWERTY layout. Note that these are the first six letters of the first alphabet row on your keyboard.

QWERTY layout was developed to place the most commonly used alphabet combinations together. For example, keys 'E' & 'R' appear next to each other which can be easily pressed by using the index & middle finger of your left hand. This helps users to 'touch type'.

There are other types of keyboard layouts too. Dvorak layout is also a popular layout.

Fun Fact:
    The word typewriter can be typed entirely using the top row of the QWERTY keyboard !

-The Big K-
    Okay!! So the keyboard layout is choosen accordingly which can increase the typing speed.
  • praveen
    praveen
    Hi integratebrains thank u for ur suggession
  • praveen
    praveen
    Hi The Big K thanks for ur suggession
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Thank you!

Futher inputs are welcome on the topic ๐Ÿ˜€

-The Big K-
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    The_Big_K
    Thank you!

Futher inputs are welcome on the topic ๐Ÿ˜€

-The Big K-
    Nice info.. Biggi...

Keep the spirit high.. (Just adding one more post of spamming...๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜ Apart from kidding it was real informative)

--Crazy

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello CEans! I want to know if anyone among us is at home with PHP & AJAX stuff. The CE forum wants your help in modifying an existing code to...
Hello All! So you wanted to have your own shop? You wanted to be a seller? You did not know how to start? You did not have money .... Now...
Hello CEans! I thought of replacing the normal (& boring) 404 error page by a page that displays a funny message. So, drop in your ideas about what message would...
I think once a while we should have a confrence ... say once in a month atleast active members... .... Neha... aashima... namtrata....crook.... biggi ...me ... Prady pop.... jerry .......
i got a doubt.. wen v join a new job ...we'll b having training period wat's the need of it..is it only for freshers