Why not make Crazyengineers.com Open source?

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Thread moved. We haven't designed CE from ground up. CE runs on XenForo platform which has been developed by XenForo Ltd. We can't make it open source even if we want.

There, however, something we can do.

Release an API and make CEans create their own add-ons for fellow CEans to use 😀
  • Aadit Kapoor
    Aadit Kapoor
    Yes,that's a good idea.
  • Sanyam Khurana
    Sanyam Khurana
    Aadit Kapoor
    I think you asked this same question few months ago.

CE based on Xenforo, Xenforo = not Open source !
  • avii
    avii
    But if CE has developed some plugin or got developed by 3rd party, those can be open sourced.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    avii
    But if CE has developed some plugin or got developed by 3rd party, those can be open sourced.
    Right, but since they'd be tightly integrated with XenForo system; it won't find widespread use.
  • avii
    avii
    ^it doesn't matter.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Researchers at Japan’s University of Electro-Communications and Hokuyo Automatic Co. have finally succeeded in making the intelligently sliding automatic doors, same as the ones in Star Trek. This doors have...
The tragic incident in Himachal Pradesh has shocked the nation and I found this real footage of the tragedy on Youtube. I didn't want to share it; but I believe...
It’s not often that you see a car manufacturer at a Toy Show but Toyota had a very good reason to be at the Tokyo Toy Show 2014. The Japanese...
Our aim is to create the awesomest t-shirts for our fellow Crazy Engineers and as the first step in the process, we've created an ultra-tiny survey (that won't take more...
Attention Mozilla fans, we have good news for you. When you upgrade your Firefox for Android to its latest version you will be able to run Firefox OS apps on...