Why not get Tapatalk for Crazy Engineers?

I was wondering why don't we get Tapatalk for Crazy Engineers? Its a free forum app. And if the site management is interested, they can even get a BYO app from them at 70$ per month.

More details here.
#-Link-Snipped-#

My personal opinion. It rocks!

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    There are mixed reviews of the app, plus in coming future; we're going to need a dedicated app for CE and migrating users is going to be a pain. We'd rather stick to our responsive design for the time being.

I've been tracking the BYO App and pricing doesn't look suitable.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    I also see that now a days many forum implementing this so their user have better user experience via mobile.
    I am not sure how easy it is to implement on CE as CE is based on Xenforo.
  • Nayan Goenka
    Nayan Goenka
    I have two xenforo forums. Its like 5 mins installation. Plus, no need of user migration or anything. And their BYO works like a dedicated app.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Installation and configuration isn't an issue at all. It's just that I believe the price isn't right. $69/mo (upped from $39/mo) is just too much to pay; I believe. Plus, the users seem to be quite biased in their reviews. Some call it a piece of shit some say user engagement improved.
  • Sanyam Khurana
    Sanyam Khurana
    I personally feel user interaction is increased in Tapatalk.

But prices are high, we have to first bring in more interaction, then it can be sort of useful to spend that much per month.
  • Nayan Goenka
    Nayan Goenka
    You can put it out as free on trial basis as other forum owners are doing. Then if you find $70 is worth it, then buy. Today I was planning to buy BYO for one of my websites, I didn't due to increased price.
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Please don't do this.
    Responsive layout of CE works great, I never felt any problem with that and I don't want to install another app.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

We have a 'Namo'motor zipping around in Delhi churning things up. Here is a nano one that wants to zip around inside us spinning at 18000 RPM pushing things into...
Quote: The Lightning LS-218 boasts a model number that actually means something. Back in 2012, a prototype of the electric bike clocked in a wholly unnecessary (yet much appreciated) 218mph,...
Disclaimer: The poster is not responsible if one ends up with an empty wallet. I personally do not belive that anything is totally free. Quote: It turns out that you...
Aditya Gupta and Karan Kumar co-founded iGenero in 2009. Based out of Hyderabad, iGenero is a digital marketing solutions provider that helps in accentuating a brand message through streamlined communication...
Quote: Mobile engagement amongst Design Engineers is growing, so the team at electropages thought it would be neat to offer New and existing App users the option to have the...